Interim Sales Financial Controller - maternity
Luton, United Kingdom
This role would suit a part or fully qualified individual and provides an exciting blend of financial reporting and commercial analysis. Working across two of the key finance teams in the company, the roles provides variety of work and, along with the opportunity to work collaboratively across the wider business.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working with colleagues in sales, marketing and product line to provide ad-hoc sales performance and trend analysis. Build strong relationships across the business in order to ensure sound commercial decisions are made. Ability to identifying best practice and areas for improvements both within financial processes and management reporting.
• Active participant, as part of the Controlling team, for completing the month end procedures and reporting. Key responsibilities for group and management reporting. Working with colleagues in the offshore Shared Service Centre to ensure month end procedures are followed.
• Active participant, as part of the Pricing team, for pricing reports, both on a daily and monthly basis. Responsibilities will include price set-ups and market analysis of customers along with performance and review of retailer audits.
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
• Part-qualified or qualified CIMA/ACCA
• Relevant university degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail and organisation
• Advanced excel skills
• Knowledge of SAP and BI advantageous
• Drive and willingness to take responsibility for projects, both within finance and cross-functional
• Confident with aspirations to further progress their commercial experience
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues across the business, bringing financial insight
• Effective business partnering with the commercial team, with the ability to support and challenge where necessary
• Constant push for continuous improvement in reporting and processes to ensure best use of resources
• Curiosity of key drivers in the business, enabling better financial insight through analysis and relevant KPIs
• Adaptable to a varying commercial finance role with the ability to switch between financial reporting and business partnering
• Ability to draw conclusions and make judgements based on sound financial and commercial inputs