Internet of Things Integration Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and develop a high level of alignment with technology partners, advanced purchasing, product lines and the global technology organization.
- Work and collaborate in an international environment with multiple global and regional product teams, competence centers and experts. Build and maintain internal- and external networks (e.g. external suppliers, institutes, universities etc.).
- Responsible for development activities for assigned connected appliances, wireless communication devices and mobile applications, ensuring meeting defined targets for cost, quality, performance and time to market.
- Contributes to, and works with global roadmap planning and implementation, translate user requirements into specific technical solutions and define and lock down product, and module features during the planning phase.
- Responsible for the technical excellence of the team including recruiting, mentoring, and retaining top talent
- Manage day to day activities of the team to deliver high quality code on a short and dynamic schedule, while making risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Lead engineering team, suppliers and other partners to establish product development timeline and milestones.
- Manage and track program schedules, technical issues, product/module cost, risks and priorities.
- Lead and drive the team, suppliers and manufacturing partners to meet program schedules, deliverables and quality criteria according to program milestones.
- Provide regular status communication to cross functional and executive teams
- Above tasks have to be executed also for the Global Electronic Competence Center team in Charlotte, for this portion of the duty the reporting line is to Global Electronic Competence Center Head.
- MSc. Or equivalent degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field. Candidates with a BSc degree in combination with additional relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum ten years of broad and relevant software and firmware development experience and five years of management or leadership experience
- Experienced in leadership and building agile organizations.
- Good understanding of the principles of operation of a large Corporation are important to contextualize activities with the right purpose and way of implementation.
- Industry background from home appliances not necessary, but any experience from IoT and platforms/ecosystems beneficial.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Teamship, the ability of the candidate to perfectly work in global spread team is the most important parameter to the success
- Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking to drive strategy implementation in interaction with Business Stake Holders.
- Applying a servant leadership model with principles, leading through leaders
- Excellent rhetorical/presentation skills
- Continuous feedback and transparency with team and stakeholders
- Remote leadership
- Strive to have a multi-skilled, heterogeneous and T-shaped team
- Drive focus and sense of urgency when required in the Team to enable successful deliveries.
- Experienced in building agile software development organizations
- Team composition models and optimizing for change
- Ability to combine Agile practices with more traditional PLM/Waterfall models utilized in Operations.
- SCRUM/Kanban models for planning (experience as Product owner or Scrum Master beneficial)
- Object oriented architecture design and programming in Java or .NET.
- Experience in development of applications for mobile devices and markets (iOS, Android and Windows).
- Experience with multiple operating systems, from FreeRTOS to embedded Linux.
- Computer networks, networking, TCP/IP protocols, socket communication and restful APIs and datamodels
- Computer networks, networking and TCP/IP protocols, M2M information and communications technology, in-home router industry standards and design/implementation (MoCA, IPv4/IPv6, IPsec, QoS, 802.11).
- Databases, database programming, both SQL and non-SQL
- Software testing and validation techniques.
- Design/programming experience using C/C++ embedded software. Experience with 32bit Cortex and development environments/tools.
- Experience with communication buses, e.g. I2C, SPI, TCPIP, CAN bus etc., Ethernet controllers.
- Strong experience from developing communication systems, wired e.g. UARTs, Ethernet and wireless e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee and Cellular