Stockholm , Sweden
Junior iOS developer
Bring your energy, experience and technical skills around consumer Mobile Apps for connected appliances
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be, by delivering new consumer experiences through mobile, voice and the other digital touchpoints.
As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already offering a portfolio of digital platforms allowing end-consumers to live a unique experience in interacting with smart home appliances in a variety of mobile-driven user journeys across cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home.
Such an offer is nowadays significantly growing in terms of volume, support to new product categories, and innovative use cases to be launched as part of the mobile digital agenda.
The life-cycle practices involved in creating, developing, launching and maintaining such mobile applications are requiring them to be managed as Technical Products, so we are looking for a Junior iOS developers to work as part of the Mobile and Connectivity Consumer Solutions team, a key enabler of the company’s digital agenda with regards to Consumer Mobile and IoT.
This position is based in our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
A typical day
You will work with internal mobile development team to create, develop, launch and maintain Electrolux consumer-facing mobile applications interacting with the Electrolux Connectivity ecosystem, across iOS and Android platforms.
Your responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of the Electrolux iOS mobile applications, in their business logic, custom UI widgets and complex layouts with advanced UX. Dealing with modular projects, interacting with Electrolux mobile and IoT backend infrastructure and working with a team spread across different locations and different internal departments will be your day-to-day business, in order to ensure the timely delivery of projects which meet established technical quality requirements on the specific mobile products.
Who you are
• Proactive - You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook. You’re not just solving the tasks, you always think ahead and identifying operational issues and drive resolution.
• Results oriented - You are strong customer focused and have ability to develop and sustain a network with cross-functional teams.
• Task oriented - You have solid project management skills, with the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priority.
• Communicative - You are excellent in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
• Flexible - You adapt to a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and adjust plans on-the-fly.
• Self-motivated - You are driven to succeed and focused on understanding Mobile and IoT functional aspects in mobile application features and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
• Focused - You appreciate and understand process and the project goals and have the ability to work and deliver for several projects with tight deadlines. You also need the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Education & experience
• Computer science or software engineering degree.
• A minimum of 1 year of iOS app development (Swift and Objective-C) experience.
• Proficient in Swift programming and comfortable working with layout constraints programmatically.
• Experience with iTunes Connect. Releasing and updating apps, setting up capabilities like Push Notifications etc.
• Understanding Lean-Agile principles and have work experience from Scrum practices.
• Have a good understanding of Object-oriented programming, Design Patterns and Test-driven development.
• Experience with integration of REST-based APIs.
• Experience working with software version control using Git and Gitflow.
• Knowledge how to work with source code control pull requests and peer review methods
• Continuous integration tools:
- Circle Ci
• Excellent English knowledge, written and spoken.
• Proven project participation experience.
• Ability to work and deliver for several projects with tight deadlines.
• Experience of Atlassian toolset: Jira & Confluence.
• Experience in collaboration with UX/UI designers.
Contact person: Alexandra Rickle