IoT Android Developer (Kotlin) | Digital Product Organization
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Look for opportunity. Bring it to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in St. Petersburg, Russia. You will work in a modern and comfortable office with a parking lot, fitness center with a swimming pool available in our business center. You will be offered flexible working time (8 hours on weekdays starting at 9 am-11 am) competitive salary, and reimbursement of lunches.
We are the Digital Product Organization, dedicated to design and create the mobile apps and connectivity to Electrolux IoT products.
As a team member, you will be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scaled Agile and Scrum. In this highly collaborative, multi-functional, and Agile environment.
We are looking for people who are curious, persistent, logical and clever – and true techies at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join Electrolux as an Android Developer.
Your main tasks:
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected appliances on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work just-in-time
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Report status of assigned software development tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience on a team developing and publishing native Android apps on Google play store
- Demonstrated knowledge with the following languages: Kotlin Multiplatform, Java 8 and RX Java
- Good knowledge with RESTful APIs and third-party SDKs to connect mobile applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS based technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of mobile design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment
- The ability to identify and write appropriate tests leveraging mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- Team spirit and an ability to foster collaboration within and across globally distributed Agile development teams.
Additional experience - in one or more of the following platforms:
- Experience developing apps that interact with web services (REST, JSON) – Retrofit is a plus
- Experience with frameworks such as Dagger and design patterns such as MVP, Singleton, Factory
- Experience with native Android HIG and UI development best practices – Android Material Design
- Experience with data persistence frameworks such as Realm or Active Android
- Experience with Android Studio
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization such as performance tuning, memory optimization, monitoring, and crash analysis.
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with feature toggling tools like Launch Darkly, analytics tool like Google Firebase.
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.