IoT Backend Developer
Location: Role will be based in Stockholm, Porcia in Italy or St. Petersburg in Russia
Make it here. Make it your own.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for IoT Backend Developers for four digital product teams in Europe, two Care Product Teams, one Consumer Services – Provisioning Team and one Configuration & Notification Team. We will discuss with you during interview process about which team you would best fit for. We will hire multiple developers through this ad.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
Our cloud-based, API-driven platform is the backbone for all our Software products which we deploy on worldwide markets. This is where we store data from appliances and users and build both generic and product specific functionality. We develop our own user experiences as well as together with third party developers. In this position we are looking for IoT Backend Developers who understand how to create a great modular, scalable and extendable architecture that serves both generic and application specific needs. We operate DevOps-style on both Microsoft Azure and AWS and we combine PaaS services, open source components and building our own modules depending on what solves the problem with the least complexity at the time.
You will be part of a cross functional product team based in Stockholm, Porcia and Saint Petersburg, working with Engineering, Design and Product management to drive the digital design in the Consumer Experience organization. We work with our data driven IoT-products and connected appliances in all categories and Business Areas.
Your main tasks:
• Analyzing needs together with product managers, UX and other developers
• Participating in product design sessions with specific input on technical feasibility, scalability, extendibility, performance, and maintainability
• Designing and operating solutions using a suitable combination of Cloud-native PaaS services, open source components and implementation in mostly Java
• Participating in team activities including OKR’s, sprint planning, scrum stand-ups, demos and retros
• Taking active part in team improvements in process, tools, technology and communication
• Contributing to the product delivery through writing of the clean code according to set code style
• Designing and developing functional , unit , SIT tests
• Taking part in PR review sessions
• 3+ years of experience in developing systems or Java based (spring) products
• Strong experience in RESTful-services
• Experiences with a following SQL/NoSQL BDB’s (Experience with SQL BD’s, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka)
• Master degree or other relevant skill set
• Background in working with full-stack product centered teams
• Experience in working with geo-distributed teams
• Experiences of analytics instrumentation and analysis for micro- service based systems and cloud services (AWS on preferred)
• Ability to contribute with complexity, risk and effort analysis in backlog creation and management
• Ideally you come with previous experience from on-line business, IoT-products, API products, DevOps and/or Consumer products.
• You’re a Quick learner and energetic problem solver, enthusiastic about creating and improving ways of working
• You’re confident but without personal prestige as you thrive on cooperation, getting things done and user feedback
• Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.