IoT Backend Developer
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
looking for IoT Backend Developers for two digital product teams in APAC, one
for Care Product Team, one for Consumer Services – Consumer Account Team. We
will discuss with you during interview process about which team you would best
fit for. We will hire multiple developers through this ad.
Electrolux is going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As Software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities.
Our cloud-based, API-driven platform is the backbone for all our Software products which we deploy on worldwide markets. This is where we store data from appliances and users and build both generic and product specific functionality. We develop our own user experiences as well as together with third party developers. In this position we are looking for IoT Backend Developers who understand how to create a great modular, scalable and extendable architecture that serves both generic and application specific needs. We operate DevOps-style on both Microsoft Azure and AWS and we combine PaaS services, open source components and building our own modules depending on what solves the problem with the least complexity at the time.
You will be part of a cross functional product team based in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and other regions working with Engineering, Design and Product management to drive the digital design in the Global Consumer Experience organization. We work with our data driven IoT-products and connected appliances in all categories and Business Areas.
A Typical Day
- Analyzing needs together with product managers, UX and other developers
- Participating in product design sessions with specific input on technical feasibility, scalability, extendibility ,performance, and maintainability
- Designing and operating solutions using a suitable combination of Cloud-native PaaS services ,open source components and implementation in mostly Java
- Participating in team activities including OKR’s, sprint planning, scrum stand-ups ,demos and retros
- Taking active part in team improvements in process, tools, technology and communication
- Contributing to the product delivery through writing of the clean code according to set code style
- Designing and developing functional, unit , SIT tests
- Taking part in PR review sessions
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in developing systems or Java based(spring)products
- Strong experience in RESTful-services
- Experiences with the following SQL/No SQL BDB’s (Experience with SQL BD’s, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka)
- Masters degree or other relevant skill set
- Background in working with full-stack product centered teams
- Experience in working with geo-distributed teams
- Experiences of analytics instrumentation and analysis for micro-service based systems and cloud services(AWS on preferred)
- Ability to contribute with complexity, risk and effort analysis in backlog creation and management
- Ideally you come with previous experience from on-line business, IoT-products, API products, DevOps and/or Consumer products.
- You’re a Quick learner and energetic problem solver, enthusiastic about creating and improving ways of working
- You’re confident but without personal prestige as you thrive on cooperation, getting things done and user feedback
- Fluent English knowledge is a mandatory requirement