IoT Backend Developer | Digital Product Organization
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
We are looking for IoT Backend Developers for two digital product teams in APAC, one for Taste Product Team, one for Wellbeing Team. We will discuss with you during interview process about which team you would best fit for. We will hire multiple developers through this ad.
In Electrolux we reinvent Taste, Care and Wellbeing experiences for more enjoyable and sustainable living around the world.
We are going through an extensive change in the way we work and develop our solutions. As software is playing an increasingly greater role in enabling digital consumer experience, we are becoming more consumer-focused and agile, faster to respond to market demands and quicker in identifying new market opportunities. For this reason, we are building the Group Digital Product Organization and looking for passionate Backend Developers in Taste and Wellbeing teams to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences for our connected appliances.
Our cloud-based, API-driven platform is the backbone for all our Software products which we deploy on worldwide markets. This is where we store data from appliances and users and build both generic and product specific functionality. We develop our own user experiences as well as together with third party developers. In this position we are looking for IoT Backend Developers who understand how to create a great modular, scalable and extendable architecture that serves both generic and application specific needs. We operate DevOps-style on both Microsoft Azure and AWS and we combine PaaS services, open source components and building our own modules depending on what solves the problem with the least complexity at the time.
You will be part of a cross functional product team based in Kuala Lumpur, working with Engineering, Design and Product management to drive the digital design in the Global Consumer Experience organization. We work with our data driven IoT-products and connected appliances in all categories and Business Areas.
A Typical Day
- Participating in product design sessions with specific input on technical feasibility, scalability, extendibility, performance, and maintainability
- Contributing to the product delivery through writing of the clean code according to set code style
- Designing and developing functional , unit , SIT tests
- Taking part in PR review sessions
- Participating in team activities including OKR’s, sprint planning, scrum stand-ups, demos and retros
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with VCS/DVCS (Subversion, Mercurial, Git), Spring framework ,Spring Cloud
- Power user Jira / Confluence
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, AZURE, IBM)
- 3+ years in commercial back-end programming on Java
- Proficient in Unit-tests (JUnit5, Mockito, Spring Testing)
- Experiences with a following SQL/NoSQL BD’s (Experience with SQL BD’s, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka), with strong experience in RESTful-services
“You are curious, persistent and logical – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join the exciting journey of Electrolux within the Digital Product Organization!” - Hiring Manager
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Find out more on: