IoT Connectivity Firmware Engineer
Make the everyday, extraordinary.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
For our R&D Global Connectivity and Technology Center in St. Petersburg, we are currently looking for a Software Engineer.
If you are passionate about innovation, possess superb C programming skills and enjoy dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Team which on everyday basis supports all Electrolux product lines with the best-in class software.
As a Connectivity Firmware Developer you will be joining the Global Connectivity & Technology team in St. Petersburg (Russia). We are a team of highly qualified engineers with strong industrial, supporting development of new platforms and services globally and across categories.
Your role is to design firmware for innovative embedded systems for our IoT connected consumer appliances with significant security requirements. You will be assigned to develop new products/modules/systems and improve currently used technologies and methods.
We offer you a role in a company that is going through a digital transformation and moving towards a consumer-focused organization. We believe that smart appliances will further enable us to deliver great customer experience and we hope that you would like to join our journey.
We believe you have a passion for delivering remarkable consumer experiences to succeed in this role. You are comfortable in sharing your innovative ideas with your colleagues, as well as working in an international environment.
Your main tasks:
• Develop software for RTOS and Linux embedded based systems
• Debug and test
• Take care of documentation
Master or Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience as a firmware developer for RTOS systems
• Experience as a software developer for embedded Linux
• Experience as a software developer for Windows is a plus
• Experience within open source projects, also for personal interests, and SW tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, …
• Experience in projects interacting with mobile apps or Internet cloud is a plus
• Superb knowledge in C/C++/Python language programming
• Knowledge in networking programming
• Knowledge and experience on computer networks, networking and TCP/IP protocols is a plus
• Knowledge in cyber security is a plus
• Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence
• Team oriented
• Willing to travel and to stay on different Electrolux sites when required
• Good communication skills
• Proactive, takes initiatives
• Problem solving skills
• Solid English is considered mandatory for this role.
• Genuine interest in IoT products
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.