IoT Connectivity | Senior Software Architect
Prague, Czech Republic
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT, CONNECTIVITY – Prague (Czech Republic) or Porcia (Italy)
Electrolux Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) organization is looking to strengthen its international team committed to deliver the architecture for the Group’s growing portfolio of connected products. The Senior SW Architect position is open within the Global Connectivity Architecture team and reports directly to Head of Global Connectivity Architecture.
The Senior SW Architect designs and oversees implementation of software for connectivity systems to support the global strategy for connected appliances. He/she ensures that all software is working at optimal levels and supports definition of system requirements. This includes proper strategic management of connectivity software and data model complexity, considering the long-lasting presence of products on the market (minimum 10 years), adequate cyber-security, and peculiarities of the IoT model. Monitoring of new trends and integration of new emerging technologies - embedded, client or cloud based - is another key element of this role. The position interfaces to various functions within Electrolux and is a global, strategic role, with the goal of ensuring technical competitive advantage of Electrolux connected products, services and systems.
If you are passionate about innovation, possess superb programming skills and enjoy dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Architecture team, which on everyday basis supports the entire Electrolux Group with the best-in-class architecture for connectivity products and services.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO:
• The Senior SW Architect analyzes existing software and systems to ensure they offer adequate robustness and flexibility and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization;
• The Senior SW Architect has a fundamental role in enabling proper modularity practices and data model definitions to enable software re-use across components and Product Lines.
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements:
• Based on his/her knowledge of ICT trends and SW architecture best practices, the Senior SW Architect proactively recommends alternatives or improvements to enhance connectivity systems and processes.
Lead Design and Architecture Governance of New Systems:
• Leads the design and architecture-review processes for new systems. Develops and documents the proposed software design for integration and implementation of new components, working in cross-functional teams;
• Assures application of design rules (modularity, scalability, robustness, extensibility, interoperability, simplicity, …) and best practices of SW development process and Agile methodology during Project lifetime.
Designs, oversees and executes SW component implementation and integration:
• Defines, validates and evangelizes data model, long-term rules and configuration tools and practices for SW interfaces and interoperability across connectivity components and product portfolio.
• Supports creation and execution of detailed designs for implementation and integration of new software components into existing infrastructure, working in close collaboration with Project Manager and other GC&T and IT functions. Engages in implementation where appropriate.
• Helps troubleshoot complex software problems spanning entire connectivity architecture.
Tools, Processes, Standardization:
• Ensures SW architecture is well documented, up-to-date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
• Ensures that proper tools are adopted, that adequate SW design, coding, development, maintenance, testing and documentation methodology is used within relevant projects, and that sound processes are followed. Leads proper process and methodology definition and implementation, as appropriate.
• Represents Electrolux in relevant standardization bodies (such as Open Connectivity Foundation) where appropriate, executes Electrolux strategy in the definition of these upcoming IoT standards and ensures interoperability and compliance of Electrolux connectivity solutions.
• Helps build and maintain internal- and external stakeholder networks (e.g. with sectors, suppliers, partner institutes, universities.
Soft skills/personality traits
Team oriented, strong international cultural awareness
Proactive, takes initiative
Strong influencing and presentation skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Creative thinker, problem solver
Enjoys challenge, change and fast paced environments; adjusts quickly
Hands-on approach to project delivery, detail oriented
Decision making with incomplete information
Project management experience
Ability to propose, think-through and evaluate long-term consequences in complex SW design
Ability to select, validate and argument around diverse solutions to complex problems
Ability to lead, reason and reach solutions jointly with multiple teams of diverse opinions
Ability to quickly comprehend functions and capabilities of new technologies
Ability to travel to different Electrolux sites when required
Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence
Solid English, spoken and written, is mandatory for this role.
Knowledge of Italian, Swedish or Russian is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
PhD (preferred) or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, or related.
5+ years of experience in SW Achitecture/Engineering role is mandatory, 10+ years of experience in SW development desirable.
Experience from a complex international organization is highly desirable.
Experienced leader in high-level SW architecture and design
Deep, detailed experience in architecting and implementing SW for multi-component networked systems, and their interaction
Mandatory deep understanding of key SW/system architecture concepts such as modularity, scalability, robustness, portability
Knowledge in design, architecture and algorithms for distributed systems
Expert knowledge of several operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows, Android, iOS, RTOS)
Expert knowledge and experience in computer networks, TCP/IP protocols and wireless/mobile networking
Deep, detailed experience in API design and inter-process communication mechanisms
Expert knowledge in C/C++ and/or Java language programming, Swift highly beneficial
Expert knowledge of software development process, CI/CD and version management systems
Expert knowledge in embedded software development
Strong understanding of some of the software for: IoT, cloud computing, mobile platforms or networking
Experience with connectivity technologies and building architecture roadmaps
Knowledge in defining and harmonizing common data models across heterogenous distributed systems
Knowledge and experience in cloud computing platforms, cloud API design and big data analytics
Knowledge in IoT concepts and technologies
Knowledge in software and networking security
Experience in standardization or IP-protection processes is a plus
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.