IT Analyst Service Desk Service Delivery COE MEA
The service desk role is
primarily serving as the single point of contact for all issues related to IT.
In this critical role, the service desk is responsible for effectively managing
customer expectations, setting the organizational standard for customer
engagement, serving as a communication channel between Employees and the IT
organization, and, whenever possible, providing a first-contact resolution for
In addition to these essential tasks, the service desk is responsible for identifying and pursuing service improvement initiatives, managing complaint & suggestions.
A strong, healthy service desk team is consistent; committed to quality and regular quality improvements; viewed throughout the organization as an important component of the IT team; which creates value for the whole organizations and support in preserving the company’s reputation and business .
A Typical Day
- Act as first point of contact between IT department and the business Users.
- Incident Management Support including Incident Logging and Categorization, Incident Resolution, Service desk expected to get their hands on escalated incidents and either take action themselves or involve specialist support groups or suppliers that can help, Incident Management Reporting and Handling of Major Incidents by rapidly escalating the issue, recruiting 2nd-level support if needed and issuing timely communications and status updates to users.
- Request Fulfillment Support including Request Logging and Categorization, fulfilling customer requests in an appropriate time frame, consistently monitoring the status of all service requests and escalating service requests to a higher resolution level when needed, Request Closure and Evaluation.
- Collect basic data and contact information from users.
- Create and maintain the Service Desk Knowledge base.
- Provide solutions proactively whenever possible.
- Manage users accounts, Computer accounts & Group management through Active Directory.
- Prepare all the Service Desk reports required by the management.
- Manage Hardware Maintenance with external maintenance agents.
- Log and manage IT Supplies and procurement activities on the company’s ERP system.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities in IT processes
In this role, you will be dealing with
Internal customers. You should be confident in dealing with all levels
In Electrolux, we encourage open communication at all levels and put emphasis in dealing with our customers as well as colleagues with integrity and respect. You will be working in Cairo, Egypt on regular working hours and may be required to travel to other sites/countries.
Who You Are:
- 0 to 3 years of experience in managing Service Desk activities and end-user support role.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field
- English Fluency both written and verbal
- ITILv4 Certification is a plus
- Someone with distinctive organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills & client service skills
- Advanced analytical skills, attention to detail & reporting skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, processes, and procedures
- Have the ability to work as an effective and contributing team member
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Work on projects aside to the day to day operations
- Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions
- Different roles & responsibilities may be assigned to this position according to changes in the supported business area