IT Applications Developer
The Digital IT Applications Developer is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of applications in a manufacturing environment, work with different functional areas to document requirements and manage development process from end to end. Work in the design and implementation of reports and dashboards for the different Factory metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide business applications support to the end-user
- Create system reports according user demand
- Comply with Service level agreement time for ticket resolution
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas to team members and product owners.
- Work with users to understand requirements, value, prioritization, and acceptance criteria.
- Evaluate program modifications from analysis phase to go-live
- Present proposals for improvements to the end-users along with middle and upper Management level
- Keep Work order management system up to date
- Implement system interfaces among the different applications
- Participate in meetings with local IT team, business user community and other BA NA factories
- Collaborate with the central development team to design and launch new features.
- Comply with the Control Change procedure
- Provide support 7/24
- Assure the compliance with all certifications and /or programs required such as: IS0 14001, ISO 9001, C-TPAT, EMS,
In relation to responsibility and authority in matters of safety, hygiene, and the environment:
It is the employee's responsibility to work safely, hygienically and in an environmentally responsible manner; focused but not limited to the prevention of incidents and accidents in your work area, section and colleagues.
Reinforcing the hygiene and safety measures indicated, as well as the participation in the company's environmental and safety programs, such as but not limited to: The segregation of materials; environmental certifications; health and safety hygiene programs that are carried out and, in the way, that your participation is determined or requested
In relation to the authority, all employees have the authority to stop processes, operations or activities that represent a risk in terms of safety, hygiene and / or environment, and that could result in an accident or serious event, as well as impact on the environment.
Given the sensitivity of a decision of this type for the affectation that it represents, it is requested and recommended to have justification, objectivity, and common sense.
Purpose: transform to a better life
Key drivers: Create best work experiences in a sustainable manner, with continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required
- 5+ years of experience in developing robust web applications, including both single-page application and model-view-controller patterns.
- 5+ years of experience designing databases, strong knowledge of object-relational mapping and stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience interacting with ERP systems
- Analytic and organized.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Solid programming experience:
- Proficient experience with EF/LINQ & MS SQL Server, T-SQL (DB Query Tools and Skills)
- Solid knowledge of any Reporting Tool (Power BI, Tableau, etc).
- Power BI and Power Apps highly preferred.
- Business process mapping and documentation.
- Sound knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git (Azure), TFS. (SourceSafe)
- Project management skills.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Strong communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and clients while leading development to a completed and successful solution.
- Beneficial, but not required
- Working experience with Azure PaaS development using Azure DevOps
- Ability to work in a team environment using Agile methods to work together to accomplish shared goals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is frequently required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office and production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.