IT Automation Connectivity Lead
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership to help digitize Electrolux factories through automation. Provide technical leadership to support both the day-to-day operations and to closely work with manufacturing engineers, solution architects and manufacturing execution systems experts to enhance the solution as part of the Industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Lead the teams to build automation solutions for Industry 4.0 initiatives
- Establish and maintain automation standards across North America and enforce global standards.
- Understand the manufacturing requirements and provide solutions to complex situations.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering and other technical teams in the resolution of issues and delivery of enhancements.
- Support KEPServerEX OPC software including technical and functional aspects.
- Support RFID platforms including technical and functional aspects and on-call personnel to resolve production issues.
- Regular reporting of working progress to reporting Manager and follow and/or facilitate incident management processes as well as change management processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with KEPServer OPC and its complete functionalities
- Working understanding of OPC UA.
- Experience with OPC Router solution and C# programming.
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of industrial controls/automation and systems development using PLCs, HMIs, safety devices, servo drives, process hardware, and robotics, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Programming PLCs, HMIs and related equipment for complex automation projects.
- Experience on Allen Bradley Micro Logix, SLC-5, PLC-5, Control Logix, Compact Logix and Guard Logix PLC’s.
- Familiarity with industry standard communication protocols such as OPC, Modbus, etc.
- Experience on Siemens S7-1200 and 1500 PLC’s, Hands on WinCC, TIA Portal Programming Software’s and connectivity to the plant network.
- Familiar with SNMP traps and SCOM monitoring system.
- Knowledge on Control system communication protocols (Profinet, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Remote I/O, DH+).
- Understand AutoCAD drawings, and knowledge on CAD software.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- SQL skills with MS SQL preferred.
- Basic understanding of Apriso Machine Integrator a plus.
- Possess good documentation skills to maintain updated reference and training material.