IT Automation Connectivity Lead
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
At Electrolux, we are driving for modernization and digitization of our manufacturing factories and moving towards Manufacturing 4.0. As an Automation Connectivity Lead, you will be responsible for initiatives in our North American factories to automate the factory machine systems. You will work with cross functional teams to drive results in an agile environment.
- Enable digital factories
- Provide technical leadership and guide distributed automation developers across the factories in North America
- Coordinate with the stakeholders and communicate with the leadership
- Work closely with Engineers for factory automation
- Develop solutions for complex situations
- Manage delivery of solutions
- Manage vendors
- Transition knowledge and grow development teams in the factories
- Develop support teams in factories
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the areas of industrial controls/automation and systems development using PLCs, HMIs, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Programming PLCs, HMIs and related equipment for complex automation projects
- Knowledge on configuring Barcode & RFID devices to PLC.
- Knowledge on control system communication protocols (Profinet, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Remote I/O, DH+).
- 5+ years of experience working with KEPServer OPC and its complete functionalities
- Experience on connectivity of various Shop Floor Devices to OPC via OPC UA, Modbus and UCON communication protocols.