IT Business Partner
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with assigned functional area for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. You will serve as the business relationship link between functional area and IT. You will work to provide highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives, communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives. In this role you will proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units and partner with functional area leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
The ITBP proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact to functional line executives and managers. You will operate as the key business contact representing IT in promoting IT services and capabilities and provide support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. You will focus on strategic initiatives and planning activities, strive to understand market challenges, including customer priorities and competitive issues and act proactively and anticipatory in their thinking. You will serve a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology and also facilitate the investment intake process and the high-level planning and execution of business initiatives through the use of technology.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
- Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective functional areas and develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors creating and analyzing relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization and create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans, identify, screen and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
- Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards and also with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
- Participate in the Change Management Process, providing information regarding the consequences of changes, and supporting the completion of approved changes
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of overall business experience from relevant area
- Report writing and data analysis expertise