IT Java developer
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Location: Pordenone, Italy
The Java Developer will work on mission-critical applications in several areas, as a member of the Local Application Management Team within Electrolux IT organization. The team develops, enhances and supports applications used by the Administration, Sales, Purchasing and HR organizations. In this specific opportunity he will be mainly focused on the Sales area but he might be supporting the team in other areas.
The person in this role is able to implement, test and deploy high-performance, scalable, enterprise-level applications. The Java Developer will deliver required application enhancements and changes to meet business requirements according to specifications provided by the team where the Java Developer actively participate. The Java Developer can successfully apply agile development process and knows well the entire software development lifecycle.
A TYPICAL DAY
• Deliver sustainable solutions with high operational efficiency
• Participate proficiently in application development
• Apply best practices and design patterns in development
• Use effectively the internal framework in application development and enhancements
• Provide extensive test coverage for delivered software
• Collaborate in test and deployment phases
• Deliver in line with timelines and agreed execution plans
• Collaborate in setting-up a continuous integration/delivery infrastructure
• Provide good application’s knowledge
• Analyse and resolve problems reported by users
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Deep knowledge of Java/J2EE technology and architectures
• Proven experience in developing complex web solutions
• Good knowledge of the Spring framework (Core, AOP, MVC, Flow, Batch, Boot, Cloud)
• Good knowledge of SCM (Source Code Management) tools (SVN, Bitbucket)
. Good knowledge of Jira
• Deep knowledge of relational databases
• Good knowledge of RAD (or Eclipse) IDE
• Bachelor Degree or ITS (Higher Technical Institute) Diploma in Computer Science
WHO YOU ARE
• Proactive, you always think ahead
• Curious and willing to learn
• a Team player. Collaboration is everything, so you like working in groups, internal & external, as well as on your own.
• Able to adapt to new emerging needs and opportunities
. Focused on priorities and organized to achieve the objectives
Required Languages: Fluent English and Italian;
Electrolux is a global employer with a platform for developing talent. Electrolux employs 55 million employees globally and there are many opportunities for those seeking career progression.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.