IT Manager - Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will be the focal point for the areas of Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation) regarding matters of business technology, such as solution discovery, project execution, support day-by-day activities and relationship management. You will be the key contact to business line managers, and you will represent IT in promoting services and capabilities, as well as provide support in delivery technology products that meet the needs of the business.
- Contribute to project roadmap definition ensuring that priorities set for the portfolio has been follow.
- Negotiate and review priorities when needed.
- Ensure team capacity to execute agreed activities. Propose and negotiate additional capacity to meet expected results.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Discuss and agree upon objectives for the year for the direct reports as well as suggest/agree upon development plans towards the expected career path.
- Liaise with stakeholders on an ongoing basis..
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the logistics (Warehousing & Transportation) businesses to ensure communication is aligned with IT and owns the overall IT delivery & support.
- Developing and maintaining a collaborative relationship with business and IT stakeholders to facilitate business needs through project and support delivery.
- Set and continually manage expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the designated business unit has effective and efficient IT support as well as understanding of IT cost base (run cost & project delivery costs).
- Drive simplification of the business area’s IT landscape, prioritizing IT demand with the business function.
- Lead a team of IT professionals to support the delivery of projects and services to the Business Unit ensuring their approach with the appropriate mindset – act as a Business Partner and Change Agent.
- Coach, mentor, motivate give direction, and supervise team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Systems Analysis or equivalent
- 7 years of overall IT professional experience, with at least 3 years in people management, preferably for a progressive IT organization within a manufacturing business.
- Demonstrated experience in Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation) environment.
- Experience in managing teams (team of 5+ people).
- Experience leading a variety of process, application systems and technical projects.
- Experience in managing a budget.
- Experience working in large multinational corporations.
- Experience with implementing and enhancing SAP platforms (MM/WM/EWM/TM).
- Knowledge of project management methodology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Executive presence and image, and refined communications skills, capable of achieving results through presentation, facilitations, influence, collaboration, negotiation and persuasion.
- Ability to Propose, Promote and Sell Change.
- Ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships with members across functional areas.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to influence and build alliances.
- Coach of himself and others.
- Team Player – Collaboration skills are a must to have.
- Be a change agent and role model.
- Operational and people leadership.
- Fluent in English.