IT Security Analyst (Entry Level)
The IT Security Analyst has the responsibility of identifying, documenting, and developing IT security policies, tools, and remediation solutions for regulatory and cybersecurity issues. The IT Security Analyst safeguards all information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems. The IT Security Analyst will be expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies to anticipate security breaches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching, developing, maintaining and supporting security software tools.
- Investigating security incidents.
- Participating in security risk assessments and working with other teams to remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Trains IT staff and users on new security policies and procedures.
- Educating other company associates on security best practices.
- Recommending security policies.
- Researching external regulatory requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Works with IT teams to assess weaknesses, identify solutions, and develop strong security policies.
- Protects systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Research’s new technologies that will effectively protect a network and prevents data loss and service interruptions.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Work with IT teams to manage the lifecycle of both internal and third-party certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Security, Information Assurance, Information Security & Intelligence, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a similar major.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience working with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool
- Experience working with a vulnerability management tool
- Experience working with endpoint protection software
- CompTIA Security+ and/or ISC2 SSCP Security Certifications