IT Site Administrator I
Provide technical support; utilize technical experience and familiarity with the environment to provide solutions for end-user computing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing and configuring computer equipment such as laptops, desktop PC, servers, telephone, etc.
- Provide technical support to the users.
- Repair and/or replace equipment as necessary.
- Perform test of new technologies.
- Monitor and manage server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources.
- Monitor and manage DHCP and WINS servers for the LAN/WAN.
- Complete LAN related 3rd level support issues as assigned by the IT Operations team.
- Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation & security for the local servers.
- On call for after-hours support of enterprise servers and related outages and support issues.
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities.
- Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware & software.
- Work in coordination with IT Corporate team in infrastructure projects.
- Manage spare parts and equipment Inventory.
- Coordinate and evaluate vendors.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
- 2+ years network administration & management in a Windows Server environment.
- 5+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user or network computing.
- Bilingual English - Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team environment.
- Knowledge in MS SQL server support/Windows Terminal Server/Clustering with MS Cluster
- Services a plus.
- Virtual servers WM Ware.
- IIS Servers.
- TSM Backup- EMC.
- Experience with CISCO and AVAYA equipment.
- Printer servers.
- Asset management.
- Equipment disposal.
- Focus in Customer Service