IT Site Administrator II
The Information Technology Site Administrator II is a role that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with the IT organization and operations management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives.
This position is responsible to provide required support for the enterprise network in a manufacturing environment, including but not limited to servers, telecom, telephony, and cybersecurity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate and document support activities
- Monitor and manage server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources
- Provide LAN support
- On call for afterhours support of enterprise servers and related outages and support issues
- Monitor and manage DHCP and WINS servers for the LAN/WAN
- Collaborate with IT Corporate to:
Install and configure servers
Provide on-site support for new Projects
Assess near and long-term network capacity needs and design and implement strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
Implement network security solutions
Coordinate site implementations, upgrades and updates activities
When is require, work with third party vendors
for network and equipment installation
Create documentation for the knowledge base site
In relation to responsibility and authority in matters of safety, hygiene, and the environment:
It is the employee's responsibility to work safely, hygienically and in an environmentally responsible manner; focused but not limited to the prevention of incidents and accidents in your work area, section and colleagues.
Reinforcing the hygiene and safety measures indicated, as well as the participation in the company's environmental and safety programs, such as but not limited to: The segregation of materials; environmental certifications; health and safety hygiene programs that are carried out and, in the way, that your participation is determined or requested
In relation to the authority,
All employees have the authority to
stop processes, operations or activities that represent a risk in terms of
safety, hygiene and / or environment, and that could result in an accident or
serious event, as well as impact on the environment.
Given the sensitivity of a decision of this type for the affectation that it represents, it is requested and recommended to have justification, objectivity, and common sense.
Purpose: transform to a better life
Key drivers: Create best work experiences in a sustainable manner, with continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Engineering
- 4+ years network administration & management in a Windows Server environment
- 6+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user or network computing
- Experience in operational field/factory environment.
- Experience in managing deployment of cybersecurity (desirable).
- Able to Travel 10% of his/her time.
- Project Management skills is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team environment.
- Knowledge in MS SQL server support/Citrix Metaframe/Windows Terminal Server/Clustering with MS Cluster Services a plus
- Team worker
- Focus on Customer Service
- Virtual servers WM Ware/Hyper V
- IIS Servers
- Printer servers
- Support and maintain for Data Center equipment: HVAC, UPS
- Asset management
- Electronic equipment disposal
- Telephony and PBX Maintenance
- Monitor and provide local support for telecommunication infrastructure
- Experience in Structure cabling