IT Site Manager
This position will ensure the reliable and timely delivery of IT support to the local plant. Success will be measured by the dependability of the IT applications and infrastructure and their ability to effectively support the business requirements of the plant and Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA) as a whole. The IT site manager has the unique role of being the liaison and main point of contact between plant management, local IT, and the centralized IT support structure. This person must align the activities of the IT team to conform to corporate standards and methods while being absolutely responsive to local needs. An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of plant operations is essential to being able to direct IT resources to successfully support them. Nurturing the local IT team through coaching, education, and technical training is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the day to day operations and IT support functions. Facilitating regularly scheduled local IT Team meetings. Working with local and central management, establishing and enforcing project priorities.
- Allocating IT resources, human and otherwise, in support of the priorities.
- Keeping management informed of project progress and/or issues needing resolution.
activerole in projects, contributing to analysis, project documentation, coding, testing, user acceptance testing, implementation, and other project related tasks as needed.
- Setting up and monitoring on-call rotation for off-hours support.
- Establishing, in cooperation with corporate IT, service levels to be maintained. Monitoring and reporting performance to these service levels.
- Reviewing the needs and recommending hardware and software acquisitions to central IT purchasing.
- Maintaining a close relationship with the Plant Manager and his/her staff. Attending and participating in staff initiatives as requested, from an IT and operational point of view.
- Coordinating all operational and application system projects with corporate IT to facilitate adherence to standards; “reuse vs. buy”, and “buy vs. make” policies.
- Providing local resources to help with corporate sponsored projects as needed.
- Participating in the annual IT budget and forecasting process. Monitor adherence to budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Other similar and associated duties necessary to accomplish job requirements in an effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 7 to 10 years of IT experience with at least 5years in an IT Leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of high speed, repetitive manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and familiarity with automation technologies in a manufacturing environment, such as
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Thorough understanding of the procurement, manufacturing, and demand management activities of the business.
- Enterprise Resouce Planning (ERP) experience (Mapics, JDE, SAP or other similar systems)
- Demonstrated skill level in project management
- Excellent skills in personal productivity tools (E.g. MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Teams)
- Ability to balance the need to adhere to central standards and methods, while being responsive to local business needs
- Proactive in recommending alternate solutions to problems, and to promote and gain support for the solution from local management team
- Ability to adapt and help others adapt to changing business requirements.
- Willingness to participate, shoulder to shoulder, with others on the management team in special projects and assignments
- ERP – MAPICS (Kinston) & JD Edwards (JDE) World
- Manufacturing Executing System (MES) - Apriso
- JDE World - Shared Services – Financial Corporate Reporting
- Maintenance and Repair Operations (MRO) (Avantis and Infor)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) (Custom RPG Application)
- Time & Attendance – Kronos
- Corporate Sales and Distribution – SAP ECC
- Business Intelligence (BI) & Reporting
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Enterprise Asset Management (Infor)
- Time and Attendance (Kronos Workforce Central )