IT Site Manager
This position will ensure the reliable and timely delivery of IT support to the Anderson facility. Success will be measured by the dependability of the IT applications and infrastructure and their ability to effectively support the business requirements of the facility and Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA) as a whole. The facility consists of the following:
- One major manufacturing location which produces refrigeration and freezer products
- One engineering department – Cold Technology Center (CTC) - that is responsible for product engineering for the refrigeration and freezer product lines.
The IT Site Manager has the unique role of being the liaison and main point of contact between plant management, local IT, and the centralized IT support structure. This person must align the activities of the IT team to conform to corporate standards and methods, while being absolutely responsive to local needs. An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of plant operations is essential to being able to direct IT resources to successfully support the campus. Nurturing the local IT team through coaching, education, and technical training is also essential.
The Anderson facility is currently completing the final stages of an 800k square foot expansion (Project Bronco). The Bronco Project includes:
- Four (4) new manufacturing assembly lines – which will be operational by the end of 2019
- Converting the legacy factory into a warehouse for (i) finished goods and (ii) parts/components used in the manufacturing process:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the day to day operations and IT support functions. Facilitating regularly scheduled local IT Team meetings.
- Working with local and central management, establishing and enforcing project priorities.
- Allocating IT resources, human and otherwise, in support of the agreed upon priorities.
- Keeping management informed of project progress and/or issues needing resolution.
- Playing active role in projects, contributing to analysis, project documentation, coding, testing, user acceptance testing, implementation, and other project related tasks as needed.
- Setting up and monitoring on-call rotation for off hours support.
- Establishing, in cooperation with corporate IT, service levels to be maintained. Monitoring and reporting performance to these service levels.
- Reviewing the needs and recommending hardware and software acquisitions to central IT purchasing.
- Maintaining a close relationship with the Plant Manager and his/her staff.Attending and participating in staff initiatives as requested, from an IT and operational point of view.
- Coordinating all operational and application system projects with corporate IT to facilitate adherence to standards; “reuse vs. buy”, and “buy vs. make” policies.
- Providing local resources to help with corporate sponsored projects as needed.
- Participating in the annual IT budget and forecasting process.Monitor adherence to budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Other similar and associated duties necessary to accomplish job requirements in an effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 7 to 10 years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a IT Leadership position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated expertise skill level in project management
- Experience in an AS/400 RPG programming environment as well as Windows NT/2000 networking techniques.
- Excellent skills in personal productivity tools assumed.
- Knowledge of J.D. Edwards Word software is very valuable as is experience with the other MRP application.
- Knowledge of high speed, repetitive manufacturing support concepts is essential.
- JD Edwards World (ERP)
- Mapics (ERP)
- Avantis – (MRO)
- WMS – Warehouse Management System (Custom RPG Application)
- Kronos (Time & Attendance)
- Miscellaneous applications developed to support the Electrolux Operations
- Ability to balance the need to adhere to central standards and methods while being responsive to local demands.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive in recommending non-traditional solutions to problems, and to sell those solutios to a potentially skeptical management audience.
- Must have the ability to adapt and help others adapt to changing business requirements.
- Must have thorough understanding of the procurement, manufacturing, and demand management activities of the business.
- Must have the willingness to participate shoulder to shoulder with others on the management team in special projects and assignments anything from material cost reduction projects to helping supervise shop floor activities in time of need.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires the employee to communicate with various levels in the organization, from direct reports to Plant Managers. Fluent written and oral communications in English is an important attribute to this role.