IT Site System Administrator Level 2
The main duty of Systems Support Technician 2 will be the installation, configuration and maintenance of the site’s server hardware/software and applications software detects, diagnoses, and reports server related problems. Responsible for backup or recovery procedures for the site. The Systems Support Technician 2 will also assist with the end-user support, including installation, troubleshooting, hardware break/fix, phone support, and account management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure servers for the EMA North American enterprise
- Monitor and manage server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources
- Document all server processes and changes
- Complete LAN related 3rd level support issues as assigned by the Service Delivery Team
- Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation & security for the servers in North America
- Configure and deploy PC’s, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment
- Install and configure software for PC’s and laptops
- Implement desktop hardware and software standards
- Provide 2nd level technical support for local office and supported remote users
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities
- Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware & software
- Lead or participate in server related projects as assigned by operations management.
- Commit to thorough documentation and knowledge sharing at all times
- May perform other duties as assigned
- On call for after hours support
- Bachelors or Technical Degree in Computer Information Systems
- 2+ years supporting Windows 2000 / 2003 /2008 Servers
- 4+ years network administration & management in a Windows 2008 / 2012 Windows Server environment
- 4+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user or network computing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Ability to communicate to various levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment.
- Must be self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to train end users.