IT Support Specialist
Make our business, your business.
IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing level one information technology support to all users in all departments of the company.
Responsible for managing Incidents (including Major Incident), Problem and Knowledge within the region, based on the global processes. Works together with IT groups (internal & external) and customers to ensure any issues, queries are dealt with in a professional manner. Drives smaller projects in line with Electrolux standards including project reporting, budget control and delivery in time and with excellent result.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Client Support & Service Management. Perform as IT onsite support with demonstrated skills and capability to assist users on IT related issues/ problems, maintaining its records and advising relevant persons of actions taken. Augment global IT helpdesk services with ‘hands & feet’ support, taking lead at local sites to work or hand-off to other teams, escalating user issues towards prompt resolution.
• Project Management & Business Change Implementation. Serves as project coordinator for small to medium regional IT projects or as participant in large projects carrying out assignments in a timely, diligent and professional manner. Works with regional IT team in providing technical consulting on local business projects. Provides regional / global visibility to local initiatives to ensure overall IT strategy meets business needs. Works with other ITS teams to assist to analyse business requirements promoting alignment to standards and/or acting as change agents.
• Operational Maintenance, Vendor Management & Infrastructure Solutions. Carries out assigned IT infrastructure tasks associated in planning, sourcing, installation, operating, maintaining, tracking and disposing IT devices, following prescribed standards and equipment life-cycle. Works with regional IT and vendors to improve overall service levels.
• Builds and maintains client, customer and vendor relationships with mutual trust.
• As required, demonstrates the capability to functionally lead team/s, independently drive regional initiatives, presents and communicates fluently in English across diverse stakeholders
• Troubleshoots and resolves PC incidents and/or VIP requests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience or 5 or more years of applied experience
• Experience in enterprise environment performing in a role supporting infrastructure solutions and can work independently under a virtual team set-up
• Project Management experience that can work and perform under challenging activities.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PC hardware and software issues, PC re-imaging, configuration of hardware and software.
• Good knowledge of rack, cabling, patching , network systems, LAN/WAN, Cisco VPN
• Experience in Data Center and desktop support environment
• Windows Operating system & Office 365
• Possess experience in at least one area of IT specialization –Telecommunications / Data Network, Servers, Desktops and Storage, Computer Security, PBX/ Voice/ Video/ Mobile Devices & Infrastructure
• Experience delivering infrastructure services through outsource/ external providers
• Good inter-personal and communications skills with demonstrated ability to listen and provide guidance