Java Backend Developer
Saint Petersburg, Russia
MOVE TO IMPROVE. BRING YOUR IDEAS AND EXPERTISE TO LIFE.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in St. Petersburg, Russia. You will work in a modern and comfortable office with a parking lot, fitness center with a swimming pool available in our business center. You will be offered flexible working time (8 hours on weekdays starting at 9 am-11 am., competitive salary, and reimbursement of lunches. Most importantly, stable and secure job in an international company and a great work atmosphere with talented professionals.
We are looking for a developer responsible of contributing the development and maintenance of the core of Electrolux Cloud Platform written in Java as well as a side services design and development such as dashboards, voice control services and internal configuration management tools which are Java script based. Dealing with complex international projects, interacting with Electrolux cloud infrastructure and working with a global team spread across different locations worldwide will be yours the day-to-day business.
You will be working in contact with many parties that are involved in the development of Electrolux connectable products such as Digital Consumer Experiences, IT, R&D, Marketing and Design. Problem solving, dealing with different people backgrounds, point of views and cultures will be essential.
You are curious, persistent and logical – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join Electrolux as a Java Backend Developer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
We are looking for someone with:
• High expertise on writing testable software and automate repetitive tasks
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
• The ability of working with scrum methodology, epics and tickets tracking
• Positive attitude toward PR, code review and following code standards
• Passion and pro-activity during validation, verification and troubleshooting of apps
• Curiosity in learning and discovering topics other than backend development (for instance front-end or machine learning)
• An ability to cover own code with a full package of test coverage that includes unit, integration and UI tests
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with VCS/DVCS (Subversion, Mercurial, Git)
• Experience with Spring framework , spring cloud
• Power user Jira / Confluence
• Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, AZURE, IBM)
• 3+ years in commercial back-end programming on Java
• Experience with Node JS on backend is a plus
• Strong experience in RESTful-services
• Proficient in Unit-tests (JUnit5, Mockito, Spring Testing)
• Experiences with a following SQL/NoSQL BD’s (Experience with SQL BD’s, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka)
• Delivery over Agile / Kanban practices
• Strong willingness to take a deep dive into connected products world or relevant experience in IoT domain
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux Group: https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/lifeatelectrolux
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.