Java Programmer – Manufacturing
Build on your experience where we’re building a whole new world.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Java Programmer who will work on mission-critical applications in the manufacturing area as part of the Factory Shared Data System Team within Electrolux IT organization. The team develops, maintains and supports applications used by all EMEA factories of the Group.
The person in this role provides hands-on experience in carrying out analysis, design and implementation, testing and deployment of high-performance, scalable, enterprise-level applications. The Java Programmer will manage relationship with business counterparts and deliver specifications for required application enhancements and modifications to meet business requirements. The specialist is familiar with multi-tier distributed application architectures, micro-services and cloud application architectures and provides advice in complex integration scenarios between Java applications and legacy systems. The Java Programmer is confident with agile development process and masters the entire software development lifecycle.
Your main tasks:
· Provide comprehensive application’s knowledge
· Propose solutions with high operational and cost effectiveness
· Write and review specifications for system design and development
· Provide advice in architectural strategic decisions
· Participate proficiently in application development
· Collaborate in test and deployment phases and in setting-up a continuous integration/delivery infrastructure
· Participate in internal framework development and enhancement
· Support junior roles and consultants to ensure best practices application in development
· Maintain continuous interaction and relationship with business
· Deliver in line with timelines and agreed execution plans
· Train the users and provide third level support
· Deep knowledge of Java/J2EE technology and architectures
· Proven hands-on experience in developing complex web solutions
· Excellent knowledge and experience in the Spring framework (Core, AOP, MVC, Flow, Batch, Boot, Cloud)
· Good knowledge of build tools (Maven, Gradle)
· Good knowledge of SCM tools (Source Code Management) tools (SVN, Git)
· Proficiency in understanding business needs and translating them in practicable solutions
· Deep knowledge of relational databases
· Good attitude in interpersonal relationships
Desirable additional competencies:
· Knowledge of business processes related to manufacturing areas such as B.O.M., Costs, Routing, Purchasing, Incoming, M.R.P, Inventory, Production planning and Call-off
· Experience on Websphere Application Server 8.5
· Experience on IBM DB2
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.