Jr Industrial Designer
Electrolux is currently looking for a talented and highly creative Junior Industrial Designer who will be part of the North American Major Appliances design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the colleagues in the development of new and innovative design solutions for the North American market. The position will be located in Charlotte, NC.
At Electrolux, design is a global function with around 150 design professionals in seven locations worldwide. We are a diverse studio with a great mix of experience and emerging talent. This Junior Designer role is the perfect launching point for any individual with the ambition to create outstanding products and services that consumers will love. In many cases you will be able to see your work develop from initial concept all the way through to final production. Our team takes a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our ambitious and hardworking family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to use a variety of skills including sketching, 3D modeling, rendering, animation and video, to define and communicate product concepts.
- Support the creation of broad differentiated and relevant scenarios/ themes/ concepts that explore potential or articulate an innovative proposition.
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level, often using story-telling to bring a challenge or opportunity to life
- Support team in interface and interaction principles. Define and apply general usability principles (in partnership with other competencies e.g. Interaction Design, Product Graphics, etc.)
- Ensure a high-quality Design output, respecting business requirements, brand values and design excellence.
- Able to manage multiple projects, typically for a specific brand/product line.
- Build relationships, team-ship with internal & external stakeholders.
- Meet internal and external deadlines according to project planning.
- Project planning and model making management with external vendors.
- Able to support the design specifications for a product within a category in collaboration with Design Manager as part of the multifunctional team.
- Strive for best-in class design solutions to meet or exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
- Support design quality thinking in regards to appeal, usability and Fit Feel Finish from the consumer perspective.
- Support the relationship between product properties, design elements, business goals, marketing directions, consumer trends, technology and environmental issues.
- Create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements.
- Able to solve problems and support milestone management to achieve deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Product Design.
- Recent graduate, Internship experience a plus but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrate sense for design.
- Ability to support all aspects of the design process.
- Working understanding of design methods, tools and processes.
- Understanding of basic engineering, tooling and market inputs a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel and represent the design team in Multi-Functional meetings.
- The ability to think outside of the box and look into the future.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Drive, Energy & Passion.
- Learning agility.
- Team player, able to work effectively in a matrix organization and to build networks.
- Integrity, honesty and morale.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a benefit.