Junior IoT Test Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role, you will collaborate and partner with the connectivity
team to deliver a high-quality mobile app.
You will be responsible for executing mobile app testing scripts for
Android and iOS smart devices in the lab environment located at the Charlotte
Tech Center. In addition, you will test
an app or software functionality to analyze the performance and usability of
the software on each device.
- Gather system requirements to create suitable test suites (test plans, test strategies, test scenarios, load test scripts, and test data).
- Support connectivity projects in creating testing schedule to prevent schedule conflict, execution of tests according to test plan and creation of test reports.
- Test all new devices and releases for functionality; verifying all software applications are thoroughly tested and meet performance test goals.
- Build automatic test scripts for iOS and Android devices.
- Provide clear, comprehensive, and timely technical data reports which present test results, recommendations, and conclusions resulting from thorough analysis of acquired test data.
- Participate in key meetings to understand development milestones, and provide constructive feedback regarding performance and functionality metrics for the mobile app.
- Support project execution in set up of test equipment/environment and deep dive debugging sessions to better identify root cause of reported issues and documenting results.
- Support of field trial activities with product prototype preparation and verification prior to field distribution.
- Control and maintain IoT appliances and smart devices assets.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity, and encouraging open feedback.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Associate Technical Degree minimum (Bachelor’s preferred).
- Attend and present status at a daily stand up meeting.
- Android and iOS device experience, including cross platform desktop/mobile browsers.
- Understands firmware and OS updates and testing.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile device/application test cycle from product requirement definition to customer release.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment.
- Familiar with issue tracking software using Jira application.
- Strong software troubleshooting and investigation ability.