Junior Legal Counsel
We are looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to be a part of our Legal Team, based in Moscow, Russian Federation. Together with external parties, law firms and authorities we protect the organization's reputation and business interests and ensure they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
A typical day at work:
- Your main responsibilities within a team would be divided into several blocks:
Handling of day-to-day contractual issues: preparation, drafting and negotiation of various medium risk contracts (including but not limited purchase, supply, equipment lease, marketing, services contracts, NDAs);
- Legal Due Diligence (KYC) of company’s partners;
- Corporate Governance activity: preparing drafts of minutes of sole participant, board of directors and corporate committees; administration of PoA lists, issuing and revoking PoA;
- IP Liaison: Support BA Europe Legal in relation to trademarks & general IP issues, including authorization letters, handling local IP data base, cooperation with patent attorney and customs regarding TM activity;
- Case Management: assist with a variety of legal caseloads & tasks, which may include a variety of contracts (supply, marketing, logistics, HR etc.), marketing issues (advertising & promotions), customer complaints, litigation, arbitration and others as required from time to time;
- Administration and development of the local corporate legal resource and connected resources (SharePoint, Contract Management System and etc.);
- Dealing with legal suppliers: handling notarization, cooperation with translators, law firms;
- Providing trainings: delivering regular legal and compliance trainings on various legal day-to-day aspects to the staff.
Who you are:
Energetic. - You drive and deliver business results in a short and long term perspective.
Agile. - You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
Open. - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
Collaborative. - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Russian Law degree or other degree with appropriate postgraduate legal qualification;
- 2 years relevant experience within an international company;
- Good knowledge of Contract Law, Consumer legislation and Arbitration, Corporate Law, Competition law;
- Understanding of tax and financial risks in the company’s activity is a must;
- Excellent writing skills, including proper legal language and official style of writing;
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook.
- Native Russian;
- Advanced English.