Junior R&D Technical Leader
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Junior R&D Technical Leader to drive projects/technical activities that will be implemented in different business area across the globe.
You are welcome if you want to be the sounding board for technical brainstorming when the team is in the middle of a difficult problem and maintaining the project technical vision clear for everyone in the team
You will be the R&D point of contact for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects and technical activities in the given metrics: performance, time, cost, quality, sustainability, consumer reports . The execution goes all the way from kick off to final production series.
Key assignments in this role will be to:
• Provide team direction and take lead to react when unexpected design performances or bugs occurs.
• Performing design reviews, manage prototypes, review test results and simulations
• Ensure R&D team members interface with purchasing, design, quality, manufacturing, certification and patent teams to ensure the new design performs from: manufacturability, cost, quality (consumer review) and cost point of view
• Mentoring team members to improve and move forward in their technical journey
• Warranty that component interfaces and mating systems work properly
• Drive and manage subsystem project developments with internal and external suppliers
• Ensuring R&D deliverables for Check Point reviews
• When Product trade offs to be decided, drive the creation of different scenarios to be proposed to the Leadership/Project Leader
Education and experience
· Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred; other technical field Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in R&D function.
· 3 to 5 years component/system development experience in at least one of the following fields: mechanical, hydraulic, thermodynamic or electromechanical systems.
· Knowledge 2D/3D tools for design development @ system level (3D TCA)
· Experience in at least one of the following fields: hydraulic, thermodynamic and electromechanical systems developments
· Ideally also knowledge of simulations tools for FEA, CFD, metal stamping, injection molding and design for assembly/manufacturing
· You are good to keep the FOCUS on the small technical details but also able to keep focus at the big picture for the whole project and for sure you enjoy mentoring other engineers
· You are AGILE. You demonstrate acumen, good judgment and decision making and adaptability
· You are OPEN. You don’t hesitate to cross-collaborate and bring outside-in perspective
· You show ENERGY. You are motivated and driven to deliver results
“At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In our team we have the possibility to work in a very dynamic ambient, with different stakeholders at global level and with everyday interesting and exciting challenges.”