Junior Shop Floor Application Specialist
Drive digital manufacturing solutions that change lives for the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Reporting to our Manufacturing Solutions Architect in the European Manufacturing Solutions team within the Porcia Plant – we are looking for a
Junior Shop Floor Application Specialist
We are looking for a candidate willing to join us as Junior Shop Floor Application Specialist for Manufacturing Area.
• The Junior Shop Floor Application Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive shop floor applications knowledge.
• The specialist is competent and able to deliver shop floor applications knowledge in all phases of system analysis, design, and implementation.
• The role provides advice in system configuration and/or delivers specification for required application enhancements and modifications to meet business requirements.
• He also provides advice in the project organizations to shop floor applications specific matters.
• The job holder will design, analyze and test enhancements and support customization and maintenance of the shop floor applications in factories across Europe.
• Post the implementations the job holder may also be involved in providing support to colleagues in the respective factory in resolving issues with the shop floor applications, as well as providing directives and support in relation to maintenance/upgrades etc.
Key operational responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive shop floor applications’ knowledge.
• Advice in long term plans of shop floor applications’ usage, upgrade and replacement.
• Participate in shop floor applications’ implementation projects.
• Write and review specifications for shop floor applications’ design and customization
• Interaction with ANSI/ISA95 Level 1,2,3 systems.
• Support FAT and UAT test and implementation phases of the projects.
• Write, review, and give recommendations on functional application documentation.
• Maintain continuous interaction and relationship with Business stakeholders and IT external consultants.
• Work on cross functional environment supporting other Organizations in EMEA.
The position may entail one or more of the following specific tasks:
• Performs special projects and assignments in order to respond to special business requirements to be solved via shop floor applications’ configuration and/or enhancements and modifications.
• Help in studying and suggesting logical and technical solution to cover business requirements.
• Design and plan defined solution to be implemented when enhancements are required.
• Guarantee timelines and agreed plans execution.
• Execute preliminary tests and support FAT and UAT phases.
• Train the users in new functionalities
• Operate as third level service desk
• Maintain continuous interaction and relationship with key stakeholders.
• Manage external consultants involved in implementation projects and/or service management.
• Have a genuine passion for Manufacturing, technology and digital transformation.
• Have a pragmatic approach to delivery.
• Good attitude in inter-personal relations.
• Have developed problem solving skills.
• Are a team player with motivational, hands-on approach.
• Willing to learn by doing.
• Are innovative. open minded and supportive
• Quickly adapt to new emerging needs and opportunities.
Background & required experience:
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science / Electronic / Automation Engineering or any similar engineering field of study.
• Experience in application design and customization (preferably using C# language).
• Good knowledge of relational databases for data management and archiving.
• Understanding of principles of IT infrastructure configuration.
• Ability in understanding manufacturing business processes.
• Able and willing to travel as required.
Experience with and competencies in the following areas will be considered an advantage:
• Microsoft Visual Studio, SIEMENS Tia Portal, Microsoft SqlServer, kepware KEPServerEX
• Knowledge of Factory Automation Systems (HMI/SCADA , OPC servers, PLC connections…)
• Practical experience in manufacturing factories on the shop floor.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Italian would be considered a plus
• Porcia (PN) – Italy
Want to know more about what we do within the Electrolux Group?
Learn more about Electrolux by watching our videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/electrolux.
Being part of the Global R&D environment in a multinational organization provides excellent experience and a great platform for many different opportunities.
Electrolux is open to various career moves and supports cross-functional and international moves.
ABOUT ELECTROLUX GROUP
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 51,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.