(Junior) Supplier Development Specialist
Purchasing & Sourcing
(Junior) Supplier Development Specialist
The objective of the position is to drive and assist key suppliers in making long-lasting improvements in their performance in terms of quality, process efficiency and flexibility, organizational set-up.
The Supplier Development Specialist is expected to have had its first operational experience in a manufacturing environment and has acquited a good knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques, with sufficient knowledge in Quality and material flow.
She/He reports to the Supplier Development Manager.
Organisation and Execution
The supplier development role is both adventurous and independent. Operating daily in the field with contact to the higher levels in a supplier organization. Simultaneously she/he is capable of working with operational challenges to drive improvements.
Great analytical capabilities combined with excellent communication skills needed to convince the suppliers to believe in and execute the commonly established plans. Regular progress reports to be provided to both supplier and Electrolux Leadership.
For this, it is required to ensure a good relationship with Quality, Manufacturing, Logistics, R&D and Purchasing by:
- Maintaining good collaboration with supplier team and all stakeholders.
- Organizing a professional transfer / exchange of information.
- Keeping the best interest of Electrolux in mind in all decisions
- Exchanging information with all stakeholders.
- Establishing and drive activities to achieve the planned results.
- preparing,training teams with clear inputs,tasks and competences to cover Keep supplier data confidential.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Participate Pre-diagnostic meeting to evaluate together with the team opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in screening meeting, to define areas for improvement.
- Use supplier development tools like, Process mapping, Value Stream mapping, etc. to identify weak areas.
- Check data availability and consistency.
- Drive defined prioritties for the different improvement areas
- Define together with Electrolux management and suppliers KPI and targets.
- Support the customized Supplier lean program and team implementation.
- Screening of the different supplier processes / areas and define action plan for each area.
- Define with the team the workshop AGENDA and Timing.
- Evaluate together with the team if support functions needed for special topics and ensure their participation.
- Lead during the workshops defined topics.
- Collaborate closely with the commodity manager during the project.
- Create for the defined areas Action plan together with the supplier including targets, Timing and responsibilities for each action.
- Follow up Action Plan established between Electrolux and Supplier together with project leader regularly.
- Verify regularly data consistency.
- Ensure timing agreed in the action plan.
- Escalate blockings in case needed to the team leader.
- Take part in monthly reporting about actions, progress and KPI status.
- Report the status for the responsible areas.
- Establish professional work situation with suppliers and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the team in all actions.
- Support the team for automatization of processes where it brings a benefit, in terms of efficiency, cost and quality.
- First relevant experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, logistics or Quality.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing;
- Value Stream mapping, OEE, 5S, SMED, Tooling construction,
- Basic know how about
o Time and Method study,
- Injection molding and stamping tool concept and technology is a serious asset.
Moreover, You are:
- Adventurous and inquisitive;
- Result-driven and solution-oriented;
- Good communicator;
- Strong team player;
- Open to travel (up to 60% of working time);
• Great atmosphere. Really international environment and work in a multicultural team.
• 5 days home office.
• Interesting job and challenging tasks.
• Opportunity to use foreign languages at work.
• Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period.
• Opportunities for raising professional qualifications and knowledge exchange.
• Opportunity to develop your career on local and global level.
We offer more…
• Languages classes’ grant.
• International travels opportunity.
• Attractive social benefits packet – private medical care, Multisport Card, life insurance, discount for Electrolux products, canteen on place, discount for lunches.
Please kindly submit your CV in English.