Key Account Manager
Within the Sales organization, the IKEA Business Development Manager is the front end towards the customer when it comes to Range Development, assuring the fulfilment of customer needs while maximizing the result for both parties and delivering upon Electrolux’s Objectives.
This is a unique experience within Electrolux to spearhead the launch of our first truly global customer in North America. The Key Account Manager, IKEA will collaborate across Electrolux’s North American & European organizations to provide solutions to delight the customer that also align with organizational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for sales & high level profitability metrics for the IKEA business in North America
- Manage daily customer requests on the product range 360° (After Sales, Product Specifications, Supply Chain, Quality, etc…) in close contact with the involved internal stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally with European Sales leadership & cross functional product & R&D teams to bring IKEA products to market
- Follow up of the development process from definition till delivery (incl. sampling coordination).
- Existing range: constantly update the customer on all product changes happening in production (from minor product changes to full platform ones involving IKEA products).
- Constant update of technical documentation according IKEA processes.
- Coordinate and influence Product Audits and Inspections with cross functional teams in NA & Europe
- Coordinate the User Manuals and Assembly Instruction activities according to IKEA guidelines.
- Support Key Account Director in taking business decisions based on product knowledge.
- Support Key Account Director in new tender processes.
- Maintain and keep updated ROL and Model Catalogue database.
- Act as project leader for specific projects.
- Work with finance team and related functions to properly allocate IKEA-related investments within the organization
- Become the North American expert on the unique needs of this customer, gain followship by creatively finding solutions that satisfy their needs and yield accretive efficiencies to NA operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years of account management, or customer facing product planning/development experience
- Able to translate consumer needs in technical expectations and vice-versa.
- Experience working in an international environment (preferred)
- Development and launching of products, working with multifunctional teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- Customer driven
- Timely yet strategic decision making ability
- Business Sense
- People Manager
- 20%-30% travel within the US & potentially Europe required
- English (mandatory)
- Italian (nice to have)