Labor Relations Supervisor
Performs labor relations projects for Hourly and Technicians employees in order to accomplish employee satisfaction and company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep in touch with hourly employees in order to understand employee issues, responding to those matters effectively in a timely manner.
- Suggests and execute HR policies, procedures, and programs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work with area managers or area supervisors to ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Promote effective communications and employee retention and complete employee relations program.
- Understands labor relations related legislation and agreements and how they apply to business issues, assuring legal documentation and process are in place.
- Ensure compliance with any legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor and employment laws.
- Maintains awareness of matters of Local and external Labor Relation environment
- Leads negotiation process to resolve issues between employees and supervisors and the business at large.
- Suggest and implement performance measurement and feedback tools that support business strategies, objectives and core values.
- Manage conflicts among employees.
- Monitor, measure, and report on Labor Relation aspects within agreed formats and timeframes
- Participates in and supports organizational initiatives such as ISO and EMS.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, with the purpose to create continues improvement.
- Ensure activities meet with the organization’s requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and overall profitability
- Administer Electrolux work rules and monitor their application and enforcement to ensure consistency
- Take a lead role to implement and follow up absenteeism and turnover programs for direct and indirect employees.
- Support for employee recognition and social events.
- Among responsibilities the following environmental information is included, designated but not limited to: Knowledge and comprehension of the plant’s environmental policy, including the established environmental goals, knowing and identifying the environmental aspects and impacts on the area or process to perform, focusing on continuous improvement and keeping operational goals, identifying and segregating chemical residues and materials.
- BS degree in Industrial Relations, Business Administration or related fields.
- + 5 years of experience working with labor relations field and human resources related in manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in Spanish and English 80% (verbal communication)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Maintains confidentiality; absolutely trusted by others
- Excellent communications and interpersonal relations skills
- Labor Relations Legal knowledge
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- People and Results oriented
- ISO 9000 auditing knowledge.
- Employee Survey Experience
- Knowledge and proficiencies in MS Office (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TRESS).
- Have experience with Employees Official Agreements Coordination (Dates Interchange)
- Strong Organizational skills
- Responsible to apply all requirements related to EMS, ISO9000/14000, Code of Conduct according to position.