ELECTROLUX R&D Laboratory Food Preparation presents
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
For us going to work
The Laboratory Engineer works as part of the Electrolux R&D Laboratory Food Preparation team to ensure testing of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and provide improvement proposals
The R&D Lab Engineer will drive innovation and new technology development globally. This role is focused on lab execution along with crafting a test methodology and providing product recommendations.
You will actively take part in the process of New Product Development by supporting the creation of a product design that fulfills company goals.
You will report to the local team Manager and work with an international cross-region team, especially with the USA.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Prepare of check plans (components, concepts, projects)
• Define relevant specifications and ensure testing on:
- Thermal and electrical safety according to internal/external standards, including preparation of relevant documentation
- Energy consumption
- Feature performance (eg. Front temp )
- Environmental impact
- Components/product reliability/Lifetime
- Components performance
• Support Platforms, Product Care and Technologies in relevant testing
• Ensure compliance with work environment and safety regulations
• Provide improvement proposals to platforms
• Ensure alignment on test methodologies with other Labs in PD Cooking
• Proper maintenance of test equipment according to ISO9000
• Passionate Electronic/Electromechanical Engineer. Eager to develop your technical skills and competence in a global environment.
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
• Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
• Pragmatic. Your solutions are always realistic and doable.
• Flexible. You react quickly and positively to changing
• Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone you can
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Preferably Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical engineering university background
• Processes – IPDP, EC
• Deep knowledge of EN standards
• Testing methodologies (DoE, statistical methodologies, CFD, Weibull analysis…)
• Knowledge of statistical approach, Measurements system, Design of Experiment (DOE, 6-Sigma)
• Familiarity with laboratory equipment,
• Deep product knowledge
• Testing and evaluation
• Previous experience as laboratory technician gained in medium-large companies
• Excellent English knowledge, written and spoken.