Cerreto D'Esi, Italy
Laboratory Engineer – Cerreto D’Esi, Italy.
Shaping living for the better starts here. Our R&D teams work around the world and at the heart of Electrolux to live and breathe our purpose. With transformation our driving force, the opportunities for change are unlimited. Just like your potential.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
We are looking for a bright, creative mind who would drive the development of our products in compliance with internal standards. The person in this role, will be part of Laboratory Safety Team, provide a key support to the R&D team for the development of new appliance verifying energy consumption, safety, components reliability and compliant of the systems.
· Ensure testing of key functionality and safety, compliance with technical standards (internal/external) and provide improvement proposals
· Proper maintenance of test equipment according to ISO9001 and ISO 17025
· Ensure alignment on test methodologies with external authority labs
· Create / modify safety test method specification
· Propose design change avoid over-engineering: design for higher safe product
· Provide improvement proposals to platforms or technology development
· Participate in concept development
· To track national standard updating and new national standard creation, ensure to have the test capability according to the update/new standards, and suggest R & D team if the product design to be changed in compliance with the new/updated standards
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
· Independent. You can take responsibility and get things done
· Creative. You challenge the existing status quo
· Team player. You enjoy working with smart people from whom you can learn
· Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas
· Proactive. You can take initiative and navigate in a matrix organization
· Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas. You always look for the better ways to do things
· Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor/Master degree in Electronic Engineering or similar with min 2 years of experience
· Experience in Product Development in home appliances or similar business areas.
· Proven experience in a testing and evaluation facility
· Experience in a international organization / company is appreciated
· Knowledge of authority approval: EN, IEC standards and environmental rules
· Relevant experience working with electric / electronic systems available for laboratory purpose
· Practical problem solving skills with a strong sense of applied engineering both mechanical and electrical
· Ability to make mechanical and electrical modifications to test samples or appliances; fault finding; understanding of electrical wiring and circuit diagrams.
· Good statistical knowledge and able to elaborate and analyze data
. Good computer literacy, esp. MS Office, MS Project.
. Languages: English and Italian – fluent level