Laboratory Engineer (Reliability)
Cerreto D'Esi, Italy
Move to improve. Bring your ideas and expertise to life.
Laboratory Engineer (Reliability) – Cerreto D’Esi, Italy.
Shaping living for the better starts here. Our R&D teams work around the world and at the heart of Electrolux to live and breathe our purpose. With transformation our driving force, the opportunities for change are unlimited. Just like your potential.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
We are looking for a bright, creative mind who would drive the development of our products in compliance with internal standards. The person will provide a key support to the R&D team for the development of new appliance verifying energy consumption, components reliability and compliant of the systems.
· Create / elaborate test plan to obtain product reliability
· Coordinate / create test plan to accomplish life time test and endurance test for components / subsystems
· Allocate the product reliability at a component level
· Pursuit quality over the time of appliances with particular focus to customers satisfaction
· Elaborate, evaluate and present life time test results
· Align life time testing to standard home usage of food preparation appliances
· Create / modify test method specification for components, sub-system and appliances
· Propose design change avoid over-engineering: design for reliability
· Accelerate life time test adopting appropriate acceleration factors
· Lead and pursuit customer satisfaction actions improving knowledge of costumer habits: survey ; product field test monitoring
· Control/asses reliability risk coordinating actions in R&D departments
· Improve supplier quality (focus on components) and coordinate collaborations for reliability investigations
· Relationship builder. You are able to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
· Independent. You can take responsibility and get things done
· Creative. You challenge the existing status quo
· Team player. You enjoy working with smart people from whom you can learn
· Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas
· Proactive. You can take initiative and navigate in a matrix organization
· Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas. You always look for the better ways to do things
EDUACTION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar with min 2 years of experience
· Experience in Product Development in home appliances or similar business areas.
· Proven experience in a testing and evaluation facility
· Experience in a international organization / company is appreciated
· Knowledge of authority approval: EN, IEC standards and environmental rules
· Relevant experience working with electric / electronic systems available for laboratory purpose
· Practical problem solving skills with a strong sense of applied engineering both mechanical and electrical
· Knowledge of reliability definitions and reliability testing methodologies
· Knowledge of SixSIGMA tools and methodologies (Design of experiments, Measuring System Analysis)
· Basic knowledge of reliability test methodologies: ALT, HALT, FMVT, step stress test, degradation test
· Good statistical knowledge and able to elaborate and analyze data
. Languages: English and Italian – fluent level