Laboratory Engineer / Specialist
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will participate in new product and/or system development including building and testing of both prototypes and production cooking products. You will perform agency tests per UL 858, CSA C22.2, ANSI 21.1, and internal test specifications with minimal supervision.
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and electrical technologies
- Independently perform design experiments
- Provide technical direction in problem solving; act as an advisor to technical personnel
- Maintain detailed documentation of testing results and unit history
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science Degree (in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred) or Advanced Degree in a Technical Field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Appliance test experience preferred
- Experience with technical safety standards a plus
- Able to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Able to stand for most of the shift