Laboratory Engineer Structural Simulations
Enable more sustainable living. For the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Electrolux Food Preservation site in Susegana (TV) only 1 hour distance from Venice, where we are undergoing multimullion industry 4.0 investment. Here you will work together with nearly 1400 colleagues from different fuctions, and various nationalities, with the common goal to create the refrigeration of the future.
Consumer Experience Laboratory organisation is opening its doors to a Mechanical Engineer experienced in performing structural simulations. The exciting thing about this role, besides the development the future Food Preservation appliances, is the possibility to be part of the creation of a new set of competence and assets in the advanced mechanical development techniques.
As structural specialist, you will work closely with colleagues from all over the world, get to understand different realities, cultures and people, as well as being part of an open-minded team, where creativity is welcome, and innovation applied to product development and methodology is the key mission.
You will closely interact with our Group Technology Organization and universities worldwide, and you will be in contact with the best experts in our company having the possibility to acquire knowledge at the start of the art and beyond in the white goods industry.
Your main tasks:
• To perform Structural simulations according to project/activities plan and providing reports
• To perform structural testing according to project/activities plan, following Electrolux Internal standards, and providing reports
• Development of testing manual, simulation manual, design guidelines
• Closely interact with all R&D functions to ensure a seamless delivery of projects
• Minimize trial and error activities and costs, and improve the “right first time” RFT result in prototype generation
• Mechanical Engineering Degree (MSc) with 3-5 years’ experience in structural simulation, preferably in white goods or automotive industry
• Structured engineering approach during all project phases; with an integrated multi-physics view
• Good background of FEA tools static, dynamic, linear and non-linear analysis (Abaqus is preferable)
• Basic background on sensors like strain gauges, accelerometers and load cells and relative data acquisition software
• Fluent English (mandatory)
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on: