Laboratory Engineer - Sustainability
ELECTROLUX GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY & TECH PRESENTS
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for taste, care and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Laboratory Engineer Sustainability – Porcia (Italy) Temporary position
As part of the GC&T Sustainability team in Porcia (Italy), the Innovation Engineer will support projects aimed at verification of products and materials compliance with global standards and regulations, with particular focus on environmental and chemical compliance aspects.
This function is asked to elaborate and manage all relevant data and documentation in Company systems and databases and plan necessary preparatory activities.
In her/his role she/he will interface with GC&T Sustainability team in St. Petersburg, Russia, and with other regional and global functions, such as R&Ds, Key Account team, Quality, Purchasing, Group Sustainability Affairs.
Key Operational Responsibilities
In coordination with the other team members:
- Assemble technical dossiers for proof of compliance with authorities and key customers’ requirements.
- Upon need, execute and support experimental testing activities:
• components/products disassembly,
• chemical and material testing,
• record, analyze and evaluate test results.
- Strictly follow safety procedures
- Prepare technical reports and presentations on regular periodical basis.
- Regularly update the information in Electrolux specific databases.
- Support the development of circular and sustainable solutions by: contributing to LCA assessment, products tear-down activities, development of reparability protocols.
- Perform technical literature search and regulatory monitoring (e.g. environmental footprint, resource efficiency and chemicals management).
Education & Experiences
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in Environmental, Chemical or Materials Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or similar field of study.
- Track record/hands-on experience in at least one of the following fields is appreciated: chemical and materials testing, chemical compliance, environmental management, environmental science.
- Project planning- and management experience.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis and statistics.
- Proficient with office IT.
- Proficient with English.
- Personally committed with strong drive for results.
- Analytical, critical and logical skills; attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Team-work oriented, able and willing to work in an international matrix organization.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Quickly adapts to new emerging needs and opportunities.
Desire start date: Jan 7th, 2021
Duration: 12 months