Laboratory Engineer - Washer Cycle Development
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The primary duty is to lead the design of new wash cycles to meet cleaning performance and energy efficiency targets while balancing the requirements of safety, regulatory compliance, and reliability. Most of the work will be around new product introduction but may also include cost reduction and quality initiatives. This role requires learning the physics of cleaning and rinsing clothing and applying those principles to the development of new cycles.
- Develop quality improvements to minimize service call rate.
- Deliver innovative proposals with potential for intellectual property.
- Ensure compliance with North America and International standards and legislations.
- Complete data analysis and present findings to R&D team.
- Use consumer insights and feedback to make relevant design decisions.
- Development of laundry appliance functionality to meet performance, energy, and regulatory targets.
- Coordination of testing and completion of test reports or lab journals.
- Create new test methods and procedures when necessary.
- Deliver technical specifications for functionality and algorithms.
- Provide ideas and plans to constantly improve laundry appliance functionality.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical field.
- Experience in a laboratory setting or testing environment.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures, and data analysis methods.
- Experience in JMP, MatLab, and LabView software.
- Experience in software programming.
- Knowledge of textile properties.
- General knowledge of appliance standards and regulations.
- Willing to travel.