Laboratory Equipment Engineer
Porcia, Italy – permanent
Lead the way within the next frontier of Home Appliance Lab development excellence.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
As part of the WET Global Lab Team within Porcia (PN) site, you will directly report to the WET Global Laboratory Manager. Thanks to the transversal responsibilities expected for this role you will have the possibility to gain experience across the different washing machine, tumble dryers, dish washer platforms and make an impact on our lab equipment and testing excellence.
You will maintain and improve laboratories testing capability looking for equipment synergies and alignment at global level.
You’ll be at the centre of collaborative projects with laboratories during instruments selection and support its implementation.
You’ll thrive designing new equipment to support testing activities always looking for effectiveness and efficiency.
You’ll be able to support and prioritize digitalization tools for data acquisition and its post processing.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN)- Italy within the WET Global Labs setting with different colleagues of the Global R&D center.
You will deliver technical activities in order to support all the WET Global Laboratories processes focusing your goals on efficiency and technical improvement projects for the current and new product platforms.
Promote the evolution of Wet Global Laboratories infrastructure by developing and deploying automatic and digitalized methods for the evaluation of Fabric Care and Dish Care products and components.
• Understanding of testing procedures to propose innovative solutions for continuous improvement.
• Support the fulfilment of lab requirements in compliance with internal and external standards such as ISO/IEC 17025.
• Collaborate with Universities, Tech centers and participate to Trade Fairs for continuous innovation.
• Create a network of suppliers that support laboratory growth.
• Share know-how and best practices among Laboratories domain.
• Read instruments datasheet and verify correct installation
• Study electrical-mechanical-informatic solutions to guarantee measurements results.
• Prepare cost estimations as well as investment and purchasing requests for lab equipment support.
• Prepare specifications for new test stations or upgrades in terms of HW and SW.
• Management of technical documentation of measurement equipment.
• Cooperate with IT and Tools team.
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronic or Automation engineer.
• 1-3 years of experience in R&D or Quality environment.
• Knowledge of lab equipment and data acquisition systems.
• Basic knowledge of LabVIEW and SQL databases. Other programming languages are considered as a plus.
• Knowledge of Scrum framework is a Plus.
• Project Management knowledge is considered a plus
• Excellent spoken and written English language.
• Italian language knowledge would be a plus
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.