Electrolux is looking to add a laboratory technician to their Fabric Care R&D Lab in Charlotte, NC. This role will be responsible for conducting tests across both the washer and dryer product categories. The testing will support current fabric care product development projects and cost & quality initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and perform testing according to applicable Electrolux test standards.
- Perform functionality testing to verify washer & dryer cycles perform to product specifications under various normal and abnormal conditions.
- Use electronic data recording and formatting methods to collect test data.
- Accurately record data and test setup on electronic datasheets to support test reports.
- Extensive use of MS Excel to plot and evaluate raw data.
- Diagnose test failures and offer solutions needed to support project progress.
- Read and understand testing standards and maintain testing methods, datasheets and data.
- Maintain and organize laboratory supplies, fixtures, tools and equipment needed for testing.
- Responsible for energy, safety, and washing and drying performance tests
- Collect and summarize test data
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Follows guidance of senior technicians and/or technical expert
- Carefully observes and records physical aspects of machine during testing
- Proactively communicates key observations made during testing and offers suggestions for improvements
- Minimum of associates degree in technical field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES PREFFERED
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisition, testing procedures, and data analysis methods
- Practical problem solving skills
- Team oriented
- Good communication skills
- Creative & proactive