Last Mile Project Manger
The Project Manager Last Mile has
responsibility for leading all project activity within the Last Mile space.
This includes effectively managing a full range of stakeholders, driving
projects successfully towards defined and agreed results, and promoting project
success. The position is also
accountable for meeting all project specifications to include project timing,
product cost, project cost, and project scope.
The Project Manager Last Mile will implement and integrate new technology to support both commercial and consumer business expansions and recommend new technologies based on consumer feedback and industry trends. They will need to differentiate between commercial and consumer experience expectations and drive experience feedback across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall planning, control, status reporting, stability and delivery of Last Mile projects to ensure delivery on plan to time, cost and quality.
- Drive the Digitization of Last Mile working with partners to launch tools that improve delivery visibility and ETA predictability (Track and Trace and Supply Chain Case Management)
- Develop and launch proactive customer/consumer communication methods supporting dynamic order management
- Proactively partner with 3PL and sales partners on digital integration and NPS
- Manage cross functional project teams to ensure milestone achievement.
- Actively hold each member of the project team(s) accountable for project deliverables.
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a broad range of tasks in order to meet requirements and to deliver the end result for a particular project.
- Lead, build and develop the project team(s). Ensure personal leadership from each team member.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders within and outside the project, supply chain and other business units.
- Proactively engage in resource planning, upfront commitment from the organization, and reporting to manage deviations.
- Proactively identify project risks and define mitigation plans.
- Report project progress/ risks and issues to relevant decision bodies at an early stage.
- Evaluate performance of project team members and his/her contribution to project. Provide coaching and development to build competence
- Manage After-Action Review process post project completion to capture lessons learned and drive continuous improvement.
- Participate actively in developing and improving project management tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Project Management, IT, Digital or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in project management or digital implementation in a fast-moving, highly complex environment that produces high volumes of product.
- Experience and successful track record in project planning to include: planning project budgets and all project financials as well as the permanent monitoring of project costs and product costs; establishing realistic project timelines; creating Work
- Breakdown Structures; stakeholder management; and risk management and mitigation
- Professional certification (e.g. PMP) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without direct authority
- Solid level knowledge of project management process and techniques, along with a demonstrated ability to identify process gaps, understand project priorities, set clear goals and targets, and lead projects with minimal direction and positive results
- Ability to effectively manage issues at the project level and proactively identify when issues may turn into a risk and need to be escalated to the Steering Team
- Knowledge of phase gate development process, and basic understanding of Work Breakdown Structures and developing project critical path
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Familiarity with MRP/PLM systems
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to professionally represent the project status to Steering Team
- Strong initiative and ability to be self-directed in completing tasks and function with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours, including overtime & weekends