Layout and Simulation Engineer
Take manufacturing to a whole new level: into the home.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Layout and Simulation Engineer
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Within the Group Manufacturing Engineering Fabric & Dish Care organization, you will be based in Porcia (Italy) Directly reporting to the Group ME Fabric & Dish Care Automation & Simulation Manager. You will have as main interfaces: Group R&D, Group ME in the regions, factory ME, Group Quality, Group ME Common Core Technologies, Digital Operations and IT.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Develop and create a standard workplace toolbox catalog in 3D / Line Designer
• Create parametrized work and automation stations for standard applications in 3D in Line Designer
• Support the implementation of digital process design and the process simulation, using Line Designer and Process Simulate
• Standardize assembly workplaces and sequences for key models based on full modularized developed platforms
• Develop standard workplace toolbox catalog in 3D and prepare optimized line layouts
• Compare, align and improve these results with existing data
• Define and implement next steps to drive further assembly process automation projects
• Ensure compliance with safety and ergonomic regulations
• Provide support for R&D in development projects and updates
• Drive the common design of equipment, especially assembly lines
• Ensure compliance with safety and ergonomic regulations on new layout for workstations
• Support Sector / Local Manufacturing Engineering in new Projects for Layout creation
• Provide support for R&D in development projects
• Support training programs in global rollout for Line Designer
• Support the introduction of the Digital Modular Product Lifetime Management within Fabric Care & Dish Care Group Manufacturing Engineering team
• Reduction of planning time for new assembly line layouts due to blueprint definition and standards for Electrolux
• Number of standard resources created in Teamcenter for global usage
• Communicative - Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues at all levels.
• Agile - Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly, to deliver results. A fast thinker with ability to pick up and treat new information rapidly.
• Influential - You know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
• Problem-solver - You see challenge as opportunity.
• Open minded – With a curious approach, you are innovative in finding new solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Experience in Teamcenter
• 3D, 2D CAD (preferred NX Siemens)
• Production Engineering and Process Automation
• Process Simulate (Siemens)
• Organization, Communication and Collaboration skills
• Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Good English
• Willingness to travel
• Know-how of current processes / modules in Fabric & Dish Care will be a plus
• Processes: Electrolux Project Management (EPM), Invest Request routine, Teamcenter, IPCP will be a plus