Lead Category Manager – Cables & Cordsets
Purchasing & Sourcing
Lead the best partnership with our suppliers to bring our products to life
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 49,000 people around the world.
Within the Global Purchasing Organization with a 360 approach you will have an important role in the process of bringing our new products to life and, therefore, in the houses of millions of people. You will work closely with our R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, departments, with the mission to ensure we build excellent partnership with our suppliers worldwide.
Innovation, sustainability, ethics, continuous improvement, are for us core values that drive our activities. We operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developed social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day.
As Lead Category Manager you have the responsibility to lead the strategy for specific direct commodities that are essential for the development of our products.
More specifically, you have the responsibility to
- Develop our portfolio of suppliers, scouting and assessing the new ones;
- Leverage and promote complexity reduction projects;
- Ensure supplier development;
- Long Term Agreement Negotiation;
- Manage and constantly improve relationship with internal stakeholders;
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team;
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing;
- Curious; you keep yourself up-to-date on the market trends, latest technologies;
- Proactive; you take initiatives and you know when to take some risks;
- Good listener and communicator; you are able to build strong relationship with stakeholders at different levels of seniority and with different departments;
- Organized and Result driven; you know how to prioritize;
- Open minded; you are aware of cultural differences and you are ready to build relationships worldwide with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible; you are ready to travel to meet your stakeholders whenever needed;
Experience and Education
- 5 - 8 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required; capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change;
- Experience of MS Office;
- Fluent in English;
- Master degree ( Mechanical, Electronic, Electric, Industrial Engineering is a plus);
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels;
- Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams;