Lead Category Manager Global PL Food Preservation
Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a
successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with
its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells
in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been
around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the
entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to
challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to
make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with
diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking
products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and
Environmental awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Product Line Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, Global Product Line Purchasing has the key responsibility of awarding new businesses, in close collaboration with the Global Categories.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of
international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as:
Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line,
Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
- Managing global categories across multiple business areas
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage , to promote complexity reduction ,simplification ,modularization, cost performance and innovation driving : VBS process- Early involvement of the suppliers in new programs, Supplier Development( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase ) ,Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) . LTA’s negotiations, Suppliers Selection, Cost Modeling analysis, Innovation Prospection
- Following a modularity approach, she / he will promote the reduction of complexity for the category and will strongly cooperate with the Supplier Development organization to drive increase of automation, improvement in quality and flexibility at suppliers.
- Global leadership to develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
- Global lead in managing relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and direct data research, analytics, and management to form globally aligned category strategies.
- Lead the development of annual global category budgets and 5 year strategic plans for all Business Areas, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Coordination of global activities to generate initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Provide indirect and collaborative leadership to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Coordinate, participate, prepare, and support global RFQ’s across multiple Business Areas and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance within individual Business Areas and across multiple Business Areas.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction and ensure actions and initiatives are aligned globally.
- Lead in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks across all Business Areas.
- Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs.
- Address / support resolution to supplier driven performance issues
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Coordinate Category Managers and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a global category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
- For the categories under her / his unique control (i.e. for which the control is not shared with Global Category Purchasing) , she / he will hold full responsibility of category budget and strategy and of supplier relationship management.
For all the tasks above, the Lead Category Manager has the full responsibility for the Business Area she / he belongs to. In addition to it, she / he has the responsibility to coordinate the Category Managers of the other Business Areas working on the same categories, with the goal of ensuring cross-region the modularization synergies, the complexity reduction benefits, the innovation roll-out and the supplier development practices.
- Education: University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
- Energy (delivering results, leading others and oneself and demonstrating ambition and drive, converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs)
- Openness (keeping the consumer and customer in focus, cross-collaboration and networking)
- Adaptability and judgement and decision-making and acumen
- Curiosity for innovation, coaching others and oneself , ability to learn
- Experience in adjacent disciplines as manufacturing, research and development is welcomed;
- Adaptability to changing inputs and challenging situations;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, strong cooperation skills;
- Interest in the future political and economic evolution, curiosity to explore the opportunities of the new world trends in sustainability, Internet-of-things, digitization and innovative ideas/solutions;
- Availability for regular international travelling getting in contact with different cultural backgrounds, industrial and economical realities.