Lead Designer, UX Writing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this design role, you will be part of the team responsible for defining and crafting an overall Connected Appliance UX Design direction across the many different products we design and manufacture. Our Lead UX Writer will collaborate with cross-functional product teams to craft intuitive, actionable, and easy-to-understand user experiences by creating short- and long-form content strategy for customer-facing digital products. This includes but is not limited to UI microcopy and copy, instructional content, naming conventions, and other elements of the end-to-end user experience.
- Shape the tone, language, and design system for Electrolux products and services globally.
- Work on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education.
- Contribute to and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Electrolux services.
- Converge customer goals, business requirements, and brand values.
- Boil down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Collaborate with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges.
- Address feedback and improve performance of our content.
- Spend time with QA, legal, and localization teams to ensure content appears properly and accurately for every audience.
- Work with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible and pushing from there.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years’ experience working with UX copy or other forms of interactive writing.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Comfortable managing several projects simultaneously
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills with extraordinary attention to detail that includes superior editing and proofreading skills and advanced knowledge of industry-standard style guides such as AP Stylebook or Microsoft Writing Style Guide.
- Demonstrable professional experience crafting digital UX journeys.