Lead Manufacturing Project Manager
ELECTROLUX NORTH AMERICA BUSINESS AREA
North America Business Area is responsible for approximately 30% of the Global Electrolux Business. We design, develop and produce home appliances for Food Preservation and Preparation as well as for Well Being, Fabric Care and Dish Care.
We rely on building a strong, cross-functional cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of, long-term relationships with our customers,. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our relationship.
We are in a journey to become of the most relevant players for home appliances in North America. We are led by our consumers the therefore we aim to disruptively cascade branded innovations to our Frigidaire and Electrolux consumers while offering simplest and meaningful solutions and services. We are establishing trusted long term relationships with our partners while looking to become a sustainability leader in our segment.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering Core Technologies Food Preservation NA team in Anderson S.C. This position will report to the Engineering Manager NPI/PMO Food Preservation NA.
We are looking forward to welcoming this team player to our Group
Manufacturing team, a team player who has solid and proven experience in the
Manufacturing Engineering area and is ready to go the extra mile using a a
rigorous, methodic, and an extensive cross functional collaborative approach to
As a Lead Project Manager:
- Drive assigned Manufacturing Engineering Programs and new Product Industrialization Programs.
- Representing GME in the New Product Projects.
- Lead and guide others on various engineering projects as directed.
- Define metrics to manage and track status of projects and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Define and improve manufacturing equipment and tooling to be implemented in BA Projects.
- Implement specific GME actions for new Product Projects or other Man. Eng. Projects (Capacity increase, Efficiency, Improvements, Re-engineering ect.) in cooperation with Plant Man. Eng.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products.
- Support cost analysis together with Plant Lean Engineering.
- Participate in PFMEA.
- Participation in pre-series of new Products.
- Planning and optimization of new systems and Equipment.
- Supporting Sector / Local ME in new projects.
- Support factory metrics of Quality/Cost/Delivery.
- Prepare technical specification of equipment and tooling including safety and environment according to Group Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Supervise equipment installation, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Analyze technological innovations. Be the Interface with Suppliers, Technical Purchasing and Plant Maintenance.
- Support efficiency programs, Quality/Safety improvements (including detectability analysis) in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering.
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Co-operate and align with Group team strategy planning for automation/Factory Model/Digital.
- Support on the development of new Architectures according “Ready for Automation”.
- Cooperate with Capex team to ensure the best and cost effective capital equipment acquisition.
- Digital mindset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or 8+ years of experience in related field.
- Strong understanding of Project Management tools.
- 5+ years experience in related field with proven track record of success.
- Experience in Home appliance products/technologies a plus.
- Strong understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Self-starter who can work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and transparency.
- Positive, proactive attitude with a Strong Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Domestic and International required up to 50%