Lead Service Designer
Shape living for the better. At global scale.
Electrolux Consumer Experience Organization (CXO) is currently looking for a new team member to join our team!
In this newly created design leadership role, you will lead the discovery, prototyping, and delivery of sustainable human-centered Taste, Care, and Wellbeing service experiences that exceed expectations.
By reframing challenges and taking a holistic approach to design, you will understand the needs of our end users, business area requirements, and the digital/physical systems that these inhabit. You will have solid experience with strategic tools and frameworks, service design methods, and the technologies necessary to envision and bring to market world-class products and services. A deep understanding of digital ecosystems and an affinity for complex, multi-faceted design challenges will be paramount. You should be critical yet collaborative and capable of energizing teams and engaging cross-functional colleagues.
You will be responsible for leading engagements, building the practice and driving the strategic direction of Service Design within Electrolux. Your approach includes uncovering the needs of end users through the design thinking process and service design methods based in empathy, research, and insights to generate concepts for digital and physical platforms including mobile, web, voice, AI, appliances, packaging, delivery, and more. It is critical in this position to seek intentional collaboration with marketing, business area product leaders, data science, ownership experience, technologists, and other key partners to optimize and orchestrate the customer experience. In this role as player/coach, you will lead a project end-to-end, guiding other designers through to execution, by setting expectations and quality benchmarks for everything from prototypes to detailed designs, remaining hyper focused on delivering the desired value to end users.
You are a strategic thinker with a keen appreciation for the power of human-centered design. Electrolux plays a critical role in shaping the future of sustainable living by critically investigating all aspects of an end user’s challenge, reimagining the user experience for multiple groups, and developing blueprints that articulate how these experiences will be delivered and fulfilled by the entire organization – people, process, and technology.
What you will do
- Proactively seek out strategic partnerships across the organization at every level
- Actively shape and lead design meetings and critiques, fostering an environment of open thinking and growth
- Utilize visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative. Ultimately, you will co-create the way forward with others.
- Apply research-based, design-led approach to scoping and solving complex challenges
- Lead new business explorations, from substantively answering the brief to shaping the engagement and associated commercials.
- Scope and plan service design projects, across multiple business areas and functions
- Support teams on service design engagement across a wide variety of contexts with senior management input and guidance
- Travel occasionally to our studios in Charlotte, N.C.; Curitiba, Brazil; & Singapore
- Lead your own service design projects, including:
o Qualitative and quantitative user research
o Gathering and analyzing relevant operational data
o Developing personas, journey maps and service blueprints
o Running co-design sessions with users to develop solutions
o Creating prototypes to test service concepts for a variety of digital and non-digital touchpoints
o Testing service concepts and gathering feedback
o Managing frequently complex stakeholder relationships with representatives of multiple disciplines (business, IT, marketing, OX, R&D) including planning and running workshops
o Thinking strategically, to assess how service concepts meet strategic, commercial, policy goals, and fit within relevant constraints
o Communicate project updates and present service design outputs to senior stakeholders
o Mentor and develop other designers, to grow the capabilities of the team
o Embed accessibility, sustainability, and ethical factors throughout research and design
o Champion design-led service transformation, and the design process as a whole
- You work in, and encourage, cross-collaboration leveraging diversity and open feedback
- You are good at communicating concepts, design and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You have previously demonstrated time management, communication and prioritization skills
- You understand and react to change and are capable to adapt to business and organizational needs
- You are a systems thinker by nature with an ability to zoom in and out as necessary
- You are able to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- 5+ years of professional experience in a service design position
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
- Deep expertise in design thinking and human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (systems design, business design, interaction design, or user experience design)
- Experience designing and implementing solutions in resource-constrained environments
- Experience with concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Cross-platform design experience across all parts of the customer journey and integrating multiple systems and platforms
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Service Design, Interaction Design, or related design field; or, equivalent work experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Contact person: Sara Vigliotti