Lead Specialist MYX
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2014 Electrolux had sales of $14.4 billion and 60,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
- Ensure the daily operational activities for R2R as whole are managed and delivered timely to the Location within the Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Operation activities consists of Journal processing, AARO reporting, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation and Compliance reporting are managed and delivered timely to the Locations aligned with corporate deadlines.
- Leading a team and monitor team processing to ensure accuracy, timely execution and in compliance with accounting principles.
- First contact point for Locations for any escalation for all R2R operational activities by providing solution to location promptly to resolve the issues and making sure that services provide are meeting service levels and quality.
- Ensuring all team members are complying to the Desktop Task Procedure (DTP).
- Ensure all direct reports to attend any queries/requirement/recommendation from internal team/ Location/ Auditors on the operational activities in accordance to SLA &KPIs.
- Takes accountability for own and team performance by monitoring closely via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) result and constantly provide solutions to improve the results.
- Lead operational meeting with team and ensure all required action items agreed with the internal team/ Locations / External Auditors within agreed deadline.
- Collaborate/Coordinate with the other stream to ensure that the integrated process carried out smoothly to provide
- constant and quality deliverables to locations.
- Report to Management promptly on the status of the operations and ensure prompt escalation to management if necessary.
- Ensuring that appropriate General Ledger processes, controls, policies and procedures are in place and comply with Electrolux standards;
- Monitor team members’ performance via performance management and ensure adherence to clear structured policies and processes for Authorizations, Escalation routes, Compliance and Tasks.
- Supervision of staff. This includes coaching the employee, motivate team and build the employee development/succession planning and discipline measures.
- Ensure the new and existing team members are trained through proper knowledge transfer; sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Demonstrate good leadership and work independently with minimum supervision from Process Manager.
- Manage the staff resources include hiring and forward hiring process, staff job rotation, job allocation and develop robust backup plan.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with locations and across streams to deliver quality performance and implement best practices.
- Engage the stakeholder to resolve any operational issues.
- Constantly review, signoff and maintain accurate and up to date DTPs and reference materials.
- Identify opportunities and implement process improvements, simplifications and standardization.
- Identify business needs and contribute solutions to business problems.
- Any other duties as required that can generally be expected from Process Managers
- >6 years working experience related working experience in General ledger month-end processes, statutory reporting and other finance areas.
- Experience is supervising small-medium sized team (1 to 5 staffs).
- Shared Services experience is an advantage
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good managerial skills with good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to perform in dynamic multi-cultural environment with an adaptive attitude.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work on shift.
- Guided by functional practices, management precedents, and professional standards.